GoPro pink corner fix

I've tried to find a correction to the purple hue on the edges too but without any luck :( That would be a great fix, otherwise it's possible to post correct that in After Effects.

A lens swap won't remove the problem, but will minimize the effect if the new lens has a narrower FOV i.e. the same can be accomplished by changing the camera setting from Super Wide or Wide to Narrow. Using Narrow will lessen the effect.

Does anyone have the actual script that works on the older GoPros to fix the pink issue? I would like to look into making the mod for the newer GoPros.

while we wait for a software solution for pink eye, here is an optical solution i use. a 2nd IR cut filter in front of the lens. the specific wavelength of the back-bone hero4 ir cut filters cancels out the colors that the lens profile is compensating for. this negates the pink and acts as an ND filter (between ND2 and ND4).

i secure mine to the lens with heat shrink.

frankycro.jpg

http://www.back-bone.ca/product/h4-ir-cut-filter-4-pack/

thanks to frankycro on rcg for this wonderul solution

while we wait for a software solution for pink eye, here is an optical solution i use. a 2nd IR cut filter in front of the lens. the specific wavelength of the back-bone hero4 ir cut filters cancels out the colors that the lens profile is compensating for. this negates the pink and acts as an ND filter (between ND2 and ND4).

i secure mine to the lens with heat shrink.

View attachment 2213

http://www.back-bone.ca/product/h4-ir-cut-filter-4-pack/

thanks to frankycro on rcg for this wonderul solution

will this also fix gopro 3+...?

Any filter will degrade the optic's clarity to a certain %, even lens coatings that are being apply during the lens manufacturing causes a % of desegregation, but to a much smaller degree.
A high quality lens/filter is highly recommended.

All this being said, I think for our purpose "Arial Video" & the fact that the GP image censer Isn't the "Top of the Line" among image censers today, It's safe to say that applying a external filter to the GP will work, but just not ideal.

Do Filters Affect the Resolution of Lenses?

so just through away all of those ND filters?
Sorry but i disagree, even on high end DSLRs filters are common in a pros bag
Not at all, they will work!
Just not a complete solution to the Pick Eye.
I read most of the link that i posted in my last post & they tested many filters & came to the conclusion that only the best Filters offer less distortion "Very small" amount.

So is the procedure to install a beta, do the firmware fix and then update to latest again? Otherwise the GoPro won't work with Solo right?

BTW, what's a LUT? Is it like a photoshop adjustment layer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LUT = Look Up Table ( Simply put: a configuration of colors ) Certainly not an adjustment layer. More akin to a sRGB, ProPhoto, Adobe 1998, etc.

Reactions: JelleNL
I changed the lens on my GP4Blk to a 5.4mm and it was a piece of cake.
Just don't follow the internet tutorial that has you take the whole camera apart. It's a 10-15 minute job if you just take the outer lens collar off (it snaps off easily) then unscrew the lens. Screw the new lens in. The biggest part is getting an accurate focus (watching the focus through a HDMI connect monitor), then locking the lens where it is in focus I used a little piece of window-screen rubber between the lens and the lens collar.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Mauiwind
No thing more about pink corner? any software soluce? The project down .? Only an other IR filter on the lens
Best regards
Eric .

Yes, true.
But the "solution" don't comes for the GP3.
The problem was not knew when some GP3 owner buy this lens and it was too late for a product return!
For this reason, I dislike Peau Productions!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea