GoPro pink corner fix

I guess it can't be more complicated then swapping out WiFi cards, LOL.with the 5.4, any increase in vibration in captured video? "I use 4k & 2.7" If not, then the only complaint is the Pink conners?
Hate to pick your brains, but it sounds like you know. @Soloing

I found the 4.4 not to be any more suspect to vibration than the stock. since the 5.4 has a narrower FOV and does zoom a bit more it may be

All jokes aside, I just email Konrad himself and I got a reply back right away... He said that you DO NOT need a beta firmware to do the mod!!!

thanks.
Did you mention it was the Hero 4 first, as that's the exception to the GoPro line.

The firmware tool doesn't open A9 firmware which is the Hero 4, so that sucks.

Yes that's my understanding too.

This looks like a tool for unpacking the firmware, so let's see if any of us can figure this out. Last one to hack the lens profile on the GoPro is a muppet. ;):)

AFT - Ambarella Firmware Toolbox

got a latest firmware and downloaded this tool to no avail. it modifies up to A7 firmware and according to a post on the support forum

I tryed .
firmware for Gopro 4 ( ambarella a9 ) cant be moodified with tool
firmware gopro 3

got a latest firmware and downloaded this tool to no avail. it modifies up to A7 firmware and according to a post on the support forum

I tryed .
firmware gopro 3
Exactly I tried the same, I'm guessing in time they'll add A9 to the tool, until then we'll have to keep looking for a beta firmware (which will definitely run the autoexec.ash).

It shouldn't be this much messing about. I've asked 3DR to pass on the request to GoPro to have the lens profile on/off settable via the API, I'm sure that request will have got passed on but I'm not convinced GoPro would act on it.

Given GoPro is loosing sales, I'm just hoping they start looking more at consumer demands and look to satisfy them.

that would be nice. The way I see it someone could crack that firmware but I have not found them yet.
We are going to start interviewing for a mobile device ROM developer soon. So surprised there is not some community somewhere like XDA is for phones.

From the little that i read, all we need to do is add autoexec.ash to the SD card with the appropriate commands.
CONFIG_LENS_OEM = n , but i think there is other commands need to go with this?
Here is a guy that changed other settings in a GP3B using this method.

From the little that i read, all we need to do is add autoexec.ash to the SD card with the appropriate commands.
The Hero 4 won't run the autoexec.ash on the release firmware, GoPro deliberately turn the feature off, they only leave it on the beta firmware for developers to play with.

That's the core issue here.

Like you say though: CONFIG_LENS_OEM = n is the correct setting.

hack_gopro.JPG
The Hero 4 won't run the autoexec.ash on the release firmware, GoPro deliberately turn the feature off, they only leave it on the beta firmware for developers to play with.

That's the core issue here.

Like you say though: CONFIG_LENS_OEM = n is the correct setting.

Last edited:
I guess it can't be more complicated then swapping out WiFi cards, LOL.with the 5.4, any increase in vibration in captured video? "I use 4k & 2.7" If not, then the only complaint is the Pink conners?
Hate to pick your brains, but it sounds like you know. @Soloing

Yeah, it's not that hard to switch the lens. The footage didn't look too bad, from what I remember. I have a few videos I can post tomorrow, and you can see for yourself. However, don't think I am an expert over this, ha ha.

I found the 4.4 not to be any more suspect to vibration than the stock. since the 5.4 has a narrower FOV and does zoom a bit more it may be

Check back once I posted a video.
Did you mention it was the Hero 4 first, as that's the exception to the GoPro line.
What do you mean?
The firmware tool doesn't open A9 firmware which is the Hero 4, so that sucks.
It does [suck].

I tryed .
firmware gopro 3
Good to know.
It shouldn't be this much messing about. I've asked 3DR to pass on the request to GoPro to have the lens profile on/off settable via the API, I'm sure that request will have got passed on but I'm not convinced GoPro would act on it.

Given GoPro is loosing sales, I'm just hoping they start looking more at consumer demands and look to satisfy them.
I am surprised GoPro didn't start making cameras, that allows switching the lens, a long time ago!? Kinda stupid business decision, if you ask me.

Who knows...!?

Well I just spent another couple hours looking. Looks like the cat that was having luck hacking gopros stopped December of last year and the gopro 4 may have been the brick wall he hit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421