Gopro keeps turning on and off indefinately

Reaction score
Every 3 seconds my Gopro, while attached to the 3DR gimbal, cycles on and off. everything was working just fine earlier.

I'm no expert, but that sounds bad. Not sure guy are going to get much help without a bunch more details.

Does the GoPro operate OK when not attached?

Reactions: RichWest
Have the same problem, 3DR tell me that my GoPro 3+ silver is not compatible with the 3 axis gimbal, they recommend 3+ black as a minimum.

What model GoPro do you have?
Never mind. I see above you said you have the 3+ Silver and that you already know it's not compatible with the gimbal.

(Which is stated on 3drs website here: Solo Gimbal - 3DRobotics Inc )

I didn't read the names closely enough, I initially thought it was the OP I was going back and forth with. You already know what your issue is so I'm confused why you were replying, but anyway, to the OP: update firmware on GoPro, update Solo, gimbal, and Solo app... and obviously make sure your using a compatible GoPro.

Last edited:
I was only replying thinking that you may have had a fix as I've read on other places on the forum that some people have had some success with my model. I couldn't find a definitive answer whether my model was compatible. Some of the info that 3DR has given out is in my opinion a bit misleading as the say 3+ models and GoPro 4.

I had raised this question with the 3DR Rep at the UK Drone show and he stated that as long as the GoPro has the 32 pin connector on the rear it is fine!... You live and learn. Thanks for your help in any case, I shall read your link.

Cheers

Joe

I was only replying thinking that you may have had a fix as I've read on other places on the forum that some people have had some success with my model. I couldn't find a definitive answer whether my model was compatible. Some of the info that 3DR has given out is in my opinion a bit misleading as the say 3+ models and GoPro 4.

I had raised this question with the 3DR Rep at the UK Drone show and he stated that as long as the GoPro has the 32 pin connector on the rear it is fine!... You live and learn. Thanks for your help in any case, I shall read your link.

Cheers

Joe
I'm with you now. And I think you might be right. I seem to recall seeing something about rolling back the firmware version on the silver. But don't quote me on that. Could be a place to start searching though.

I just got my Solo and was having the same issue after I updated the firmware where the GoPro 3+Silver would shut off every 3 seconds. We used it Saturday and could see the video stream but not able to record through the app. Looks like I'll be needing to pick up a Black edition....

My 3plus silver works fine. Just have the camera setting defined as other. Also make sure you have a good clean connection physically. Mine was beeping every 3 seconds with my gp4 the other day when I reseated it everything started working. Only problem with G3 is you are going to have to start recording manually and power on manually. Honestly not a big deal. I got the G4 for my second solo. I still fly with the G3 often.

Mine keeps doing the same thing. I have tried resetting it and reseating it with no luck. Guess I will have to get GoPro 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc