GoPro HERO4 quality issues with 3DR Solo

Reaction score
Hi!, some one knows why when I'm filming or taking pictures with 3DR solo +Gimbal the quality of the video or picture is really poor?

With 3DR +gimbal:
drone.png

Just GoPro:
gopro.png

Do you see the difference between them? the picture taken with 3DR is really poor.

So, the settings I use are the next ones :
15934029_10211426587847319_890866536_o.jpg

What am I supposed to do to improve the quality when using go pro with my 3DR?

Hi!, some one knows why when I'm filming or taking pictures with 3DR solo +Gimbal the quality of the video or picture is really poor?

With 3DR +gimbal:
View attachment 4884

Just GoPro:
View attachment 4885

Do you see the difference between them? the picture taken with 3DR is really poor.

So, the settings I use are the next ones :
View attachment 4886

What am I supposed to do to improve the quality when using go pro with my 3DR?

My thought (as Solo newbie myself) is try settings as recommended by the manual (Hero 4 Black recommendations below). If you have a different model, the manual recommends matching these as closely as possible. Right off the bat I see you chose wide FOV. Quality of my shots improved dramatically when I switched to medium and turned on Protune.

GoPro_sheet.jpg

The top is whats being compressed and streamed back to the controller and your phone over WiFi. Its never going to be as good as whats saved to the GoPro SD card. I recall there was a way to adjust the bitrate of the feed, but that comes at a cost of video latency and range.

The video it is saving to your phone is just a low resolution, low bitrate preview. It is not intended for production or sharing. The high definition quality video is and always will be stored on the GoPro's SD card.

Reactions: SARDG
If you can look at the information on the videos saved to your device, it will show a low resolution, 700 something...... It's just the way it is, no getting around it, as far as I know. It is handy for quick reviewing etc. The good stuff is on your GoPro.

The video it is saving to your phone is just a low resolution, low bitrate preview. It is not intended for production or sharing. The high definition quality video is and always will be stored on the GoPro's SD card.

But how can I save in the SD card when i'm filming with 3DR app?
the videos or pictures just go to my phone, but in the SD card there is nothing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc