GoPro HERO3 Silver Firmware 2.0.0

Reaction score
So I got a couple of Solos and one came with a GoPro HERO 3 silver....NOT the plus, unfortunately I need the 2.0.0 firmware (in order to remotely start and stop recording) which I cant find ANYWHERE. I have found it for the 3+ but not the 3. Does ANYONE have that or know where I can get a hold of it? GoPro wasn't not of any assistance =)

It also turns out that if you upgrade your iOS to 10.3, the solo app seems to not work anymore for many people. I contacted 3DR and they said they have no plans of updating that app. (Last update was June 2016) Not sure if everyone has this issue but I have seen many people having the app not recognize the wifi connection

Last edited:
Solo control features for GoPro only work with the Hero 3+ Black, and Hero 4 Silver and Black. With the 3 Silver, I believe you are limited to manually starting recording before take off and manually stopping recording after landing. Unless someone knows of a mod to get around this, but I don't know of one. Good luck!

Weird my friend who sold me the drones was doing it with his HERO3 Silver and just selecting "other" as the camera type. I saw him do it and how it started and stopped in flight, but before he was going to sell it to me, he upgraded the firmware and it broke it. Other people have had this issue starting with 2.1 firmware on various versions of HERO...presumably so GoPro could market their own drone and since 3dr was pulling out of the consumer space. The only 2.0 firmware I can find is for the PLUS version.

You didn't have ALL GoPro functions, as those are limited to the models you stated, but you COULD Start and Stop recording.

Last edited:
Since you are trying to find firmware for the 3 Silver, and it was not the best choice for pairing with Solo to begin with, I think you may be in for an uphill battle. GoPro is no help with any of their older cameras as far as firmware goes. I hate to say it, but I think your efforts should be finding a good deal on the 4 Silver or Black, or at least a good 3+ Black (which I have on my first Solo), and then you will have way more functions available to you for camera control. Even with the 3+ Black, you will have to power on the camera manually before Solo. It will, however, shut off when Solo does. I hope this helps you out, and good luck.

Yeah, this is true....but I was just hoping someone may have had an older firmware still or knew of a place where I might be able to find it. Thanks for the input

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela