GoPro Hero 4 Black problems: sharing

Reaction score
Hello,
i have some problems with mine brand new gopro 4. I would like to share them with you people to have some advice.
First Problem: i think it is out of focus. This two videos were made for gopro support: 1)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
2)

But gopro support told me that my gopro have not a focus problem (i came from a here 3 black and footage on gp3b seems to me more defined on countouring objects, specially on leaf from a tree or the grass) These video were filmed ad 2.7k. That was the first time i use the 2.7k 50fps resolution.
And now began other problems! Problems that at 1080p 60fps i didn't have.

The camera freeze often, randomly: At startup and at shutdown. I've got 2 SD ERR in ten records.
I get corrupted video even if the camera didn't freeze and some minor glitch
(look at second 3 what happen)
My two microsd cards are from sandisk and are Sandisk Extreme 32gb class 10 u3 cards. I've checked them with h2testw and they seem to be ok, no errors at all on them.
My gopro has been updated to 3.00 since i bought it and i update it also manually to get rid of update problems.

What do you think guys?

I would first maybe try different brand/type sd card and see if problem persists...the focus looks normal for gopro stock fixed lens to me...infinity always looks a little soft

Hello, thank you for your comment jib! If seems ok maybe could be that i was thinking that footage should be better.

Btw, i've tried two different sd card (both sandisk extreme 32gb class 10 u3 card both supported from gopro. At 1080p no problem (only one corrupted video on 30/40). At 2.7k things get really worst.
(I tried also a 8gb U1 card (sandisk) and i cant get over 1080p 60fps protune on, so didnt spotted the 2.7k problem at the beginning becouse i though that 2.7k was simply too much for a U1 card but then i see the bitrate and 2.7k @ 10mbyte/sec should be doable)

This is the video from the SD card, 2.7k Medium fov Protune ON:

I want to specify this: i had a multiple of corrupted file the past due a) battery depletion b) crash c) failing old microsd but the one on the link from a "integrity" point of view of the mp4 container is ok: is indexed correctly and even WMP will play it. The mp4 start and end header are ok. This is strange.

Ps: i've tested the two 32gb sandisk card with H2TESTW software to spot defect of sd card but they are ok and no bad data was read.

Hi Federico, Several things I would consider---> First I would make sure to format my card using the GP4. and try at least several different card manufacturer/classes (they get kinda confusing)..I also know there are def counterfeit cards out there, so Id try as many different ones as possible just to see. I believe the GoPro4 Black in 2.7K/60f with ProTune on generates ~60Mbit/s file. Also the kind of test you are describing looking for corrupt areas of card, I dont think thats the same as a read/write type test.....good luck!

Hi Federico, Several things I would consider---> First I would make sure to format my card using the GP4. and try at least several different card manufacturer/classes (they get kinda confusing)..I also know there are def counterfeit cards out there, so Id try as many different ones as possible just to see. I believe the GoPro4 Black in 2.7K/60f with ProTune on generates ~60Mbit/s file. Also the kind of test you are describing looking for corrupt areas of card, I dont think thats the same as a read/write type test.....good luck!
I have formatted the microSD from gopro 10 times now.. And 60mbit are about 7 or 8 MByte/sec. From test my card sustain 40 mbyte/sec and more.. But thanks foto the answer

A hammer on gopro!
I consider myself a men of science.
Every try i made seems to point to the gopro4. This night i ran another test on microsd: 32 gbyte of data transferred (every microsd cell) at high speed without a single bit failure...

Reactions: jibcamera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986