GoPro Hero 4 Black - Feed But No Control

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find an answer to this problem (or have somehow overlooked it.)

Just got a GoPro Hero 4 Black with firmware v. 3.00. Tried all manner of startup and got feed but no control. Have a line through the GoPro icon in the Solo App. Upgraded to firmware v. 5.00 and tried all manner of startup - still feed, but no control. Line through the camera icon.

This is frustrating. I know that I can press "record" and fly, but I could do that with my Hero 3+ Silver - I got the 4 Black to avoid having to do that. Any ideas?

It is on there. You don't need to be connected to Solo to access it. Pull up the Solo app on your device, hit Fly Solo, and then tap the icons under your record button. That pulls up a list you can scroll through to GoPro Model. Tap it and choose your camera from the list. Simple as that.

Reactions: SARDG
It is on there. You don't need to be connected to Solo to access it. Pull up the Solo app on your device, hit Fly Solo, and then tap the icons under your record button. That pulls up a list you can scroll through to GoPro Model. Tap it and choose your camera from the list. Simple as that.

Okay, found the camera list, selected Hero 4 Black. I'm still getting feed, but no control.

Hang on - this is interesting. I just chose Hero 4 Silver in the list and now I have control. Switched back to Hero 4 Black and feed and control remains. Sweet! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen jennings
not to revive a dead thread but i'm still stuck on this same issue. I've had the Solo for about a month. recently upgrade my hero 3 black to a 4 black. It's currently at 5.0. Just as above, i can't access any settings on the gopro itself. I've read all the other threads i could find, nothing seems to be exactly the same or the fixes didn't work. As with the last post, i chose hero4 silver and still no control. In another thread someone mentioned clearing the cache on the application list. I'm assuming that was on an Android Device. I'm currently using an ipad mini.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, already did the different variations on starting. Used this post to test against. : GoPro Hero 4 Black Connection Issues

Sadly the only other device i have to test against is a hero 3 black from work. All i can do with that one is just stream as well. I'm starting to wonder if i have a bad gimbal, or at least a bad cable to that connects the gimbal to the GoPro port. I'm gonna try and set the firmware to 3.0 see if that helps.

Firmware downgrade shouldn't make a difference, but worth a try.
Like you said, could be a gimbal issue.
One last thing to try is pull the battery on the GoPro to completely reset it. Mine has hung up before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea