Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

GoPro Hero 4 Black - Feed But No Control

Discussion in 'GoPro/GoPro Gimbal' started by Dulcimer Drone, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Dulcimer Drone

I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find an answer to this problem (or have somehow overlooked it.)

Just got a GoPro Hero 4 Black with firmware v. 3.00. Tried all manner of startup and got feed but no control. Have a line through the GoPro icon in the Solo App. Upgraded to firmware v. 5.00 and tried all manner of startup - still feed, but no control. Line through the camera icon.

This is frustrating. I know that I can press "record" and fly, but I could do that with my Hero 3+ Silver - I got the 4 Black to avoid having to do that. Any ideas?

2. Chuck

Did you check your Hero 4 Black in the app's camera list?

3. Dulcimer Drone

Do you mean the GoPro Capture App? I don't see a camera list in the Solo app.

4. Chuck

It is on there. You don't need to be connected to Solo to access it. Pull up the Solo app on your device, hit Fly Solo, and then tap the icons under your record button. That pulls up a list you can scroll through to GoPro Model. Tap it and choose your camera from the list. Simple as that.

SARDG likes this.
  5. Dulcimer Drone

Okay, found the camera list, selected Hero 4 Black. I'm still getting feed, but no control.

6. Dulcimer Drone

Hang on - this is interesting. I just chose Hero 4 Silver in the list and now I have control. Switched back to Hero 4 Black and feed and control remains. Sweet! Thanks for the help!

#6 Dulcimer Drone, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Stephen jennings likes this.