Gopro hero 3 compatible?

Reaction score
I just bought the Solo ( should arrive Tuesday) however I didn't realize until after the purchase that it states in the camera requirements gopro hero 3+ and up, is my hero 3 going to work at all? ( even for the short term) or, should I be shopping for a newer gopro?

yeah, I was hoping I could at least get video feed to fly it other than line of site, Oh well.

Good news and bad news. The good news is that you CAN use a GoPro Hero 3 and it DOES return its video feed to your tablet. The bad news is that you can't control the camera at all from the tablet, so you'll have to start recording by pressing the button on the GoPro itself while still on the ground.

Disclaimer: I just tried it and the above works on my setup with GoPro Hero 3 Silver:
iOS App = 2.4.0 on iPad Mini 4
Solo = 2.4.1-6
Autopilot = 1.3.1
Gimbal = 1.3.6
Controller = 2.4.1-6
Controller firmware = 1.2.11

Reactions: MrNeill
Well thank you for that , gives me a bit of time to search up a decent deal on a hero4 and still fly the Solo with video feed, Thanks again Joe !!

Reactions: MrNeill
I have everything on the latest versions and my GoPro 3+ Silver works as stated above.

Shopping for a 4 black now though. I'd love to be able to control when to record through the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela