GoPro Hero 3+ Black Firmware Issue

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me here and sorry if this has already been posted. I have an issue with my GoPro 3+ Black. It completely freezes up with the latest firmware. If I roll-back my firmware to version 1 or 2 the camera works absolutely fine but, then I cannot hit the record button in the app while flying, the record button is greyed out. I have tried some earlier versions of firmware and the record button shows as soon as I install a version that starts with 3 but after turning the camera of it freezes up again. I have done all the trouble shooting methods, new battery, new micro SD card (class 10) re installed the firmware etc. Is there any way that the camera can be controlled with older firmware or does anyone have a similar problem like this. GoPro does not seem to have an answer for me.

I also have the 3+ Black. I had a few issues when the new firmware was installed. They had me remove the GoPro battery while the GoPro was on, and then reinstall it after about 15 sec. If all of your firmware is up to date for the Solo app and 3DR Services app (if you are using android), then make sure the app recognizes which camera you are using. You can choose your camera model from the options. I am no expert, but hopefully this helps, and you get it resolved soon. If you still have problems, contact 3DR. They should be able to help you troubleshoot more if needed. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Hi Chuck, thanks for the reply, the Solo app and firmware are all up to date and it recognizes my GoPro as a Hero 3+ Black but my camera only works with older firmware versions, it basically freezes up when the latest firmware is installed. With the older firmware installed on my GoPro I cannot control the camera shutter button from the app. I have contacted 3DR, still waiting for a response...

Hopefully they will get back to you in a timely manner and help you resolve it. Keep us posted on what you find out, as well as how the 3DR support was for you. Best of luck.....

Hey Guys, sorry to barge in however I'm having exactly the same issues can't get past that grey record button, have good video feed but no recording functionality & can't get into camera settings in the app

Hello I'm in the same boat no controls can't record video

hey
i have a 3+ black, updated to latest firmware now does not turn on when solo turns on also doesn't record or take photos, in solo app on android it says that is recording and taking pictures but hen you check go pro later its empty... was very disappointed when i got home after flying around all day to find an empty camera haha :(

sounds like the only thing to do is downgrade firmware?

hey
i have a 3+ black, updated to latest firmware now does not turn on when solo turns on also doesn't record or take photos...

sounds like the only thing to do is downgrade firmware?
New FW causes auto-on to away, but does NOT lose the ability to record. You have a greater issue.

ETA: Sorry... that info is for GP4B. What FW specifically do you have?

If you use the search portion of the forum, you can find a lot of info on this. Make sure your camera is recognized on the app by checking your camera model from the options. If you still have problems, try removing the battery from your GoPro while it is powered up, and do the same for the controller. You can also try uninstalling the Solo app and reinstalling it. One of these steps should help you out. You will not have the ability for the GoPro to power on with Solo, as that feature was removed with the last GoPro update, and GoPro will not issue an update to fix that issue for the 3+ Black. I also use the 3+ Black, and have full camera control for recording as well as pics. You just have to remember to turn the camera on before powering up Solo....:confused: I hope this helps you, and good luck.

hey
i have a 3+ black.. ...doesn't record or take photos, in solo app on android it says that is recording and taking pictures but hen you check go pro later its empty... was very disappointed when i got home after flying around all day to find an empty camera haha :(
GP3+ will blink red on the front when it is actually recording video or while taking a photo. Do a quick check from the app before you fly to see if that is happening.

yeah it was but no video or photos on sd card.

i think its sorted now, i re-installed v 3.0 firmware then updated again to 3.03 and now its working, mustn't have installed properly the 1st time..

cheers anyway

Reactions: SARDG
oops i told a lie, it was working, took some videos on the go pro from my phone was all working good i could view the videos after recording then put onto solo and took some videos and photos through solo then disconnected and went to view files through phone again, there was 1 that i could not view and some how the videos i took before from my phone were gone..

any ideas?

oops i told a lie, it was working,.. ...there was 1 that i could not view and some how the videos i took before from my phone were gone..

any ideas?
Some of the videos that GP can take will not play back on a device, and from the GP App. I haven't narrowed down which ones, but have noticed that.

Why older videos would disappear... dunno. You didn't tap 'delete all files from SD card' before beginning your new session?

nah i didn't,
the videos save to my device, but no photos and for some reason only 1 video is on the sd card of GP. and now i also can't preview video while its recording through GP app, its like since connecting it to solo its corrupted the firmware or something along those lines, i can't work it out

nah i didn't,
the videos save to my device, but no photos and for some reason only 1 video is on the sd card of GP. and now i also can't preview video while its recording through GP app, its like since connecting it to solo its corrupted the firmware or something along those lines, i can't work it out
I never remember being able to see video in GP App while recording - unless in some very old FW. Can't with .03.03 on GP3+ and can't with v3.x on GP4B. But that could possibly have something to do with device and the particular video format you have GP set to. Frankly, I think I have too many cameras to remember each idiosyncrasy.

Photo taking on 3+ seemed to have a special caveat wherein you must default the GP to video in the GP App then change mode to photo in Solo app. Look for my post in Introductions thread from an Aussie. I'm typing on my tablet so too much pain to give you link.

Whenever I am really stumped, I just keep trying different things until I get a breakthrough. Then promptly forget what I learned. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo