GoPro freezing up during recording.

Reaction score
Website
www.carfotography.com
Hi guys, new here, but been lurking for a while. I can't seem to find my particular issue in the searches so I'm hoping some of you may be able to help.

My Solo, which I've been flying casually for a couple months now without issue has developed a GoPro freezing issue when recording which results in complete loss of FPV, but all other controls function as normal on controller and solo.

I've narrowed down the freezing to only happening when recording 1080 60fps, switching to 1080 30fps seems to operate just fine, but I do notice some glitching in FPV view at times. I've only noticed the freezing started after I switched to recording in 2.7k. Weird?

Here are my current settings. GoPro 4 Silver, software version 5. Shooting 1080 60fps, low light off, auto shutter, protune on, GoPro color, touch display off, back LCD display off (Been using these settings since day 1). Sandisk Extreme 32 gig class 10 U3 SD card. Using iPhone 7plus on Solo app. IOS 10.2.1

Here the diag I've done.
-Reset GoPro, format SD card
-Changed SD card to Samsung Pro 128 gig class 10 U3.
-Installed a brand new gimbal
-Performed compass and level calibrations
-Deleted and reinstalled Solo app for iPhone
-Used known good GoPro 4 Silver from friends working solo
-Used friends iPad
-Changed GoPro battery
-Removed GoPro batter and let Solo power GoPro

Sorry for a long first post, but I'm at my wits end. Thanks in advance!

-Craig

I'm having the exact same problem but still can't figure it out, all the same issues I fly for a few minutes For about 150 feet away and freezing up continues Reset everything same problem

I have this issue as well but it never occurs till I am on my second battery...I can land reboot and it does the same thing get some distance out and feed freezes..wonder if the wifi unit on the quad might be getting hot and shutting the feed down?

Quick update and resolution to my issue. After much trial and error, I finally decided to perform a factory reboot on Solo as well as downgrade my GoPro firmware from version 5.0 to 3.0. I then flew 3 batteries worth of footage at 1080 60fps without freezing what so ever.

Here's a link to how to perform a factory reboot.
Factory Reset | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421