Gopro firmware 5.0 is the way to go

5.0 works fine except I don't believe you have the full ability to change to different video FOV's or types of resolutions, settings, that did not exist when the Solo App came out. Does having to manually power up the camera really bother anyone?

And with version 5 of the GoPro firmware you have additional modes. The perspective correction that eliminates much of the bend fisheye lines can be set on the GoPro cam, and solo will record with this settings fine. U can't choose those new settings in the solo Menue, but it will not override them if you have preset the GoPro to use them. I prefer this video mode over the original once offered in older software versions. I am also well aware that in post- production a correction can be achieved as well, but am happy about every step less needed to achieve a desired result.

I think the FPV problems you're thinking of were related to how most drone operators use the GoPro for FPV - via the analog video output, not via the HDMI port. Some people reported the firmware update stopped the analog video output from working e.g. via the USB port adapter that went into the side and then to an analog vTX. Solo is different because it is using the HDMI output.

Hmmm... That strange, because I use my GoPro Hero 4 Black with firmware 5.0 and FPV works with my Solo with Gimbal just like rev 3.0 did. No issues, rev 5.0 works great except for the fact I have to manually power on the GP...

+1. My H4B 5.0 is working fine. However when I upgraded the FW on my Hero3+ Silver it broke the FPV & I had to downgrade to get it to work again.

OK well I guess I need to try power first but i'm just a hobbyist as in not making money with my drone just having fun so I think I will stay with 3.0 for now, funny when I contacted 3DR they were aware of it and told me it would only work with 3.0 and gave me a site for a work around which I was unable to achieve but I was lucky in that I was able to swap my GoPro with a buddy with his un-updated GoPro4 blk. and then I was back on line but I did not try to turn it on like you advised.. Hummm gonna have to do some thinking on this one thanks for the information everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela