GoPro Connectivity Issues

I had the same issues and performed a full shutdown and restart just like described above but with no luck. However, once I double tapped the home button on my Iphone 6 and swiped up on the Solo App to close it, then reopened the app--that did the trick.

Reactions: tesmithp
Found this forum looking for this answer... After all the stuff the posts suggested... I deleted the app on my phone - re-installed and then got streaming video... so strange...

A few weeks ago, I ran into the same situation. Ordered the Solo from Amazon and got it a week later, right out of the box the video was an issue. Solo would not accept the video from the GoPro successfully, it would get the first 1 to 2 seconds and then it would stop no mater what I did. Checked cables to make sure they were not touching but no change. Called 3DR and did troubleshooting but we got nowhere as well. 2 days later, I shipped it back, it took 3 more weeks for me to get it back. 3DR replaced the controller and indicated that the HRMI cable was also replaced. I've confirmed the controller was replaced since it has a different serial number.

This time i have confirmed it works, video stream just fine at different resolutions. Since i'm still waiting on my gimbal, i'm disappointed that I cannot at least start/stop video from the Solo App. So, i'm expecting magic once I have the gimbal.

I never flew anything, so I am pretty impressed with the copter itself, however the experience of loose cables, bad cables and things not working right out of the box is pretty disappointed. Also, the false advertising sucks from 3DR. They should not sell the copter without gimbal period, otherwise you just have a camera in the air with no control, pretty lame if you ask me. The first fully integrated with GoPro is false advertising, completely not true unless you have the gimbal, that should at least be on small letters on their advertising.

Anyway, once I get the gimbal, hopefully it will all worth it. Otherwise I will sell it and just go with a more expensive drone, to that has already proved itself, the DJI Inspire.

A few weeks ago, I ran into the same situation. Ordered the Solo from Amazon and got it a week later, right out of the box the video was an issue. Solo would not accept the video from the GoPro successfully, it would get the first 1 to 2 seconds and then it would stop no mater what I did. Checked cables to make sure they were not touching but no change. Called 3DR and did troubleshooting but we got nowhere as well. 2 days later, I shipped it back, it took 3 more weeks for me to get it back. 3DR replaced the controller and indicated that the HRMI cable was also replaced. I've confirmed the controller was replaced since it has a different serial number.

This time i have confirmed it works, video stream just fine at different resolutions. Since i'm still waiting on my gimbal, i'm disappointed that I cannot at least start/stop video from the Solo App. So, i'm expecting magic once I have the gimbal.

I never flew anything, so I am pretty impressed with the copter itself, however the experience of loose cables, bad cables and things not working right out of the box is pretty disappointed. Also, the false advertising sucks from 3DR. They should not sell the copter without gimbal period, otherwise you just have a camera in the air with no control, pretty lame if you ask me. The first fully integrated with GoPro is false advertising, completely not true unless you have the gimbal, that should at least be on small letters on their advertising.

Anyway, once I get the gimbal, hopefully it will all worth it. Otherwise I will sell it and just go with a more expensive drone, to that has already proved itself, the DJI Inspire.
Go for it! See what kind of support you get from DJI...o_O

Ok, I've occasionally had issues with live video feed but always been able to Forrest Gump my way through it... After updating to Solo 2.0 can't get a feed at all, verified camera set to 1080 medium 30 cycled power, tried all off, power up solo, controller then iPad and app, sometimes see what looks like unsynced video, can unplug hdmi and sometimes get a picture but then it locks up and won't stream.

I can switch camera modes, I can take photos and start / stop videos, just no live stream... I have done multiple unplug / replug HDMI nothing seems to fix... Was going to try lucky calibration hammer but thought I'd check with you good folks first!

I get camera feed when I manually select picture camera mode on GoPro. When it's on video I get blank screen.. Also is there a way to remove the 12mp or 1080 that shows up on the recordings? Thanks in advance.

Also is there a way to remove the 12mp or 1080 that shows up on the recordings? Thanks in advance.
On the GoPro, look for an "OSD" (on screen display) setting and turn it off. That shouldn't be showing up on your saved video on the GoPro though.

any thoughts on why im only getting a video feed from the camera setting? So when the gopro is in video mode i get a blank screen.. but feed shows up when i manually switch it to camera mode on the gopro..

Ok, I've occasionally had issues with live video feed but always been able to Forrest Gump my way through it... After updating to Solo 2.0 can't get a feed at all, verified camera set to 1080 medium 30 cycled power, tried all off, power up solo, controller then iPad and app, sometimes see what looks like unsynced video, can unplug hdmi and sometimes get a picture but then it locks up and won't stream.

I can switch camera modes, I can take photos and start / stop videos, just no live stream... I have done multiple unplug / replug HDMI nothing seems to fix... Was going to try lucky calibration hammer but thought I'd check with you good folks first!
Did you do this:

1. Make sure your GoPro firmware is fully up to date.

2. power everything down. Put GoPro into gimbal. Make sure it is firmly and fully seated into the connector on back of GoPro and make sure HDMI is firmly plugged in. Once your sure it's in, then power up GoPro. Once it's fully booted up, turn solo and controller on, then connect to wifi and launch app.

Did you do this:

1. Make sure your GoPro firmware is fully up to date.

2. power everything down. Put GoPro into gimbal. Make sure it is firmly and fully seated into the connector on back of GoPro and make sure HDMI is firmly plugged in. Once your sure it's in, then power up GoPro. Once it's fully booted up, turn solo and controller on, then connect to wifi and launch app.
I completed the above steps, no help... Removed gimbal per 3DR and plugged into solo HDMI still no video feed, all camera controls works as expected, just no video. Camera does stream video to other HDMI devices...

I completed the above steps, no help... Removed gimbal per 3DR and plugged into solo HDMI still no video feed, all camera controls works as expected, just no video. Camera does stream video to other HDMI devices...
Bad HDMI cable. Use a magnifying glass to inspect for bent pins.

Bad HDMI cable. Use a magnifying glass to inspect for bent pins.
I bypassed HDMI on gimbal and went directly to solo, didn't check the other end of the HDMI connection on the solo, not really sure where to look

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela