GoPro App

Reaction score
It appears GoPro is updating their app. When you go to Support, How to Wireless Update, the 'Software Update Page' doesn't load - this is the page that listed the various updates for the various cameras.

Since many of us with GP3+Silver and Black cameras have no streaming video maybe a fix is forthcoming?!

Much better she using the Sd card for this update for the GoPro on the GoPro studio. It would be nice if there was a zoom feature for the GoPro so that you can be farther away from you focus point with the SOLO and still get a great shot.

depending on gopro model there is
on GP4 Black, shoot at 2.7k or 4K. then when you process your video set your timeline or sequence to 1080p. and depending on your editing program tell it to not scale the video to the timeline.
What you get is a center cropped full resolution video that looks like it is zoomed in.
Cuts down on fisheye too

I think you can do it in GP studio but I have never tried

In this video its a mix of cropped and non cropped. When my wife and granddaughter are real close in the frame, they really are not. They are same distance but the 2.7k frame size is being cropped down to a 1080p frame. Makes them look closer than I would ever fly to them.

Playground is shot using same camera on a Feiyu tech G3 hand held gimbal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro
In this video its a mix of cropped and non cropped. When my wife and granddaughter are real close in the frame, they really are not. They are same distance but the 2.7k frame size is being cropped down to a 1080p frame. Makes them look closer than I would ever fly to them.

Playground is shot using same camera on a Feiyu tech G3 hand held gimbal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Excellent work! Thank you for you help.

It appears GoPro is updating their app. When you go to Support, How to Wireless Update, the 'Software Update Page' doesn't load - this is the page that listed the various updates for the various cameras.

Since many of us with GP3+Silver and Black cameras have no streaming video maybe a fix is forthcoming?!

For those with no streaming video on your GP3+Silver (and others) since the advent of the gimbal and suggested GP firmware update...

Contact GoPro for a RMA. They told me to send mine back and they'll "update" with the older update OR I can wait for the newest update which might take care of this problem. Or, do like I did, buy a GP4Black when you see them on sale.

Ronbo

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela