GoPro 4 Silver vs Black

Reaction score
Im having a hard time deciding between Silver and Black. Im thinking the 2.7k at 30fps will suffice for video quality. 4k 30fps is nice, but not sure I want to pay the extra $100 for it, as long as the Silver can still shoot burst mode pics at 4k...I should be okay. Other than true 4k with a nice frame rate, does any one have any suggestions for a practical usage approach on if the Silver is worth the saving, or should I just step up to the black?

Thanks

So... you have a once in a lifetime shot. Why not have the best?
I purchased the Hero4 black from peaupro with the 87 3.37 lens. With it.
First day flying. Shot 4k.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess because at this point I don't have a 4k TV, or a 4K video card or a 4k monitor at home LOL...so not sure im going to really experience the joy of 4k if I cant watch it in true 4k ...so that's where IM kinda thinking "do I really need it at this point?"

My thoughts have and have always been:
For professionals and those who wish only the best possible shots go with the Black.
For amateur and just plain casual fliers who aren't likely to publish any pro shots go with the Silver. The touch screen adds a ton of convenience. I've got 4 Solos, one with a Black and three with Silver. Never felt a bit disadvantaged.

Reactions: Mark35mi
So I got the Black off eBay for $250 with a 64GB SD card and loving it!! Video is amazing compared to the 3...side by side of 1080p is much better even

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea