Good Tablet for Solo App

Mine is working with wi-fi only, no cell connection. So you still have to flip flop the connection between your available wi-fi internet connection, and the Solo connection, to do updates, etc. etc.

Mine is working with wi-fi only, no cell connection. So you still have to flip flop the connection between your available wi-fi internet connection, and the Solo connection, to do updates, etc. etc.
OK --thx, I have a iPad Mini for SOLO APP but looking to run Tower or Solex so in the market for Android

Side note if your ever planning to do fpv hdmi out its better to mirror through your tablet so you will get all of the osd features that you can't get through the controllers HDMI port so I would get a tablet that has a micro HDMI port second has GPS.

Last edited:
what about GPS? if you lose signal will the RTH feature work correctly when you are out flying in a park somewhere?

what about GPS? if you lose signal will the RTH feature work correctly when you are out flying in a park somewhere?
No GPS means no RTH. How would it know where home is? Loss of GPS puts it in manual mode.

The Tab 7 does have GPS. Unfortunately, mine has no cell service and I can't get mine to upgrade Android to 4.3 or above so it won't install the Solo App.

No GPS means no RTH. How would it know where home is? Loss of GPS puts it in manual mode.

Newbie question here, but why would the tablet need GPS for RTH to work? The Solo has GPS onboard & I thought that it remembered the position it took off from so that it could return there regardless of where the controller/tablet is. If the Solo returned to where the controller/tablet was located it would always try to land on your head. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Newbie question here, but why would the tablet need GPS for RTH to work? The Solo has GPS onboard & I thought that it remembered the position it took off from so that it could return there regardless of where the controller/tablet is. If the Solo returned to where the controller/tablet was located it would always try to land on your head. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Has nothing to do with the tablet. I was answering a question regarding loss of GPS (On the Solo).

Then why are people concerned about whether the tablet has GPS or not? Is it necessary for a tablet to have GPS in order to use it with the Solo? Just trying to gain an understanding...

Then why are people concerned about whether the tablet has GPS or not? Is it necessary for a tablet to have GPS in order to use it with the Solo? Just trying to gain an understanding...
You need it for features like Follow Me and Return To Me. (it has to know where ME is). Also for plotting waypoints in the field for apps like Tower.

You need it for features like Follow Me and Return To Me. (it has to know where ME is). Also for plotting waypoints in the field for apps like Tower.

Ok, thanks ... that makes sense. So just for basic flight it isn't necessary. Good to know ... I have a lot to learn. :)

Reactions: dml931
Ok, thanks ... that makes sense. So just for basic flight it isn't necessary. Good to know ... I have a lot to learn. :)
You don't need any device (phone/tablet) to simply fly.

In theory (or at least what I am thinking) you could hot-spot your wifi only tablet to your mobile phone and have all the features like Follow Me, etc. correct?

Dan

Hmmm... profound first post. o_O
I thought about that too.

I'm sure we all know what the guy was trying to get at. Do we NEED a separate (tablet/phone) device to fly this drone? No. But for the sake of 'flying with ease', its probably best to have a device with an app to help with flying the drone. App features, GPS assistance, FPV etc (you know what these apps offer better than I do) will help his chances at successfully getting his drone moving and back to him.

Last edited:
Just curious, but if you set up a Hot spot on your phone, and use your WI-FI only tablet for Solo or Solex App, how would the tablet connect to the hot spot? Wouldn't the tablet wifi be bound to the Solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc