Good current source of budget motors for 3DR

Reaction score
I am going to be getting a lot of salt spray on my motors and did not want to have to buy the entire motor pod.

Is there a generic motor that can be used that is cost effective?

I see the entire pod is sold for about $30-$40 I suspect there has to be a china motor replacement for less than $10 somewhere.

Video illustrates why I will need new motors as i am confident salt spray will be bad for them but video should come out nice here in the Florida keys.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Charles Owens
I have used the EMAX grand turbo 2213 935KV a drop in replacement I got mine on Ebay for $8.00 come in CW or CCW

I have used the EMAX grand turbo 2213 935KV a drop in replacement I got mine on Ebay for $8.00 come in CW or CCW
Those turned out to be tedious to use so I just went with crab pot floats.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You can actually trim them down a lot more that I have so far. At the end of the video you can see how high it floats so anything above waterline could be trimmed away or they could be trimmed to be more aerodynamic. The crab pot balls have a plastic core that is hollow and hold the legs very well. takes about 10 pounds of force to pull them off if you seat them firmly in. As a bonus they cost less than $2 bucks each.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea