go pro camera not working with my phone while using drone

Reaction score
Hi

I have just purchased a 3dr solo. with go pro 3+ black camera and gimbal. Every time I start it up with the solo app on my phone the camera works for a second then freezes on the screen then goes back to the fly solo screen. My phone is an elephone p7000. Yesterday I connected it with my friends phone which is a samsung if i remember correctly. A similar thing was happening, only there was no video screen on his phone so I was flying with line of sight, but the camera was able to still record.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My cousin races drones and configured mine for me, updated it etc. He showed me the camera and drone working via his phone. Is it both mine and my mates phones that are the problem? I also lowered it from 1080 to 720 to see if that would help but nothing doing.Any help would be appreciated

Rob

Well after I decided ti make sure the hdmi cable was on the port properly, where I read on a forum to check. I then went and burst the port by pushing it into the go pro camera.

Thanks for your input every one.!!lol

Reactions: pious_greek
Greetings. I just got my drone running, also with a 3+black camera. It looks like I have the same problem. I can hit Fly over and over and it goes to a live feed for about 1-2 seconds, then switches back to the main screen. I'm using a Lenovo tablet. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Greetings. I just got my drone running, also with a 3+black camera. It looks like I have the same problem. I can hit Fly over and over and it goes to a live feed for about 1-2 seconds, then switches back to the main screen. I'm using a Lenovo tablet. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

hi there

Unfortunately my hdmi port has broken I was advised to push the hdmi lead from the drone into the camera to make sure its in correctly.. Stupid advice. The hdmi port has now popped inside the camera. I am in the process of trying to get it sorted. I read on another thread that someone had a similar problem with the feed not showing up on his phone, so he turned on aeroplane mode and it worked. But I have not been able to try that.

If you manage to get it going could you post a fix here please

Thank you

Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986