Go Giants!!!!!

It was a great game, but yep in the 9th it turned bad...at least for the Giants. Cub's second baseman had a game. And unlike the previous game, Chapman "closed" the game.

I knew I'd stir up LA fans with the subject line. Gonzales is one of my favs and Clayton is not too bad....;) Dodger stadium is one of the must see ball parks in the US.

I'm a fan of good baseball no matter what the team color, well not really the Yankees... I grew up rooting for the Astros, but have been a closet Giants fan for many years because of Mays and watching baseball on TV as a kid. Best sport ever.

Mays? How old are you?

I grew up with Stan the Man - a lot of the games on an AM radio. :)

Cards played the Brooklyn Dodgers in those days.

Some of my best memories were when my Dad and I sat in the driveway listening to the Dodgers game on the AM radio in his 1950 Chevy pickup. It was the only radio we had that would pick up the signal. Eating junk food and listening to Vin call the game was like heaven back then. When it got too cold, my Dad would just fire up the truck and turn on the heater, and we were good to go. My Mom thought we were nuts. Women..........Go figure.....;)

Reactions: RichWest
Some of my best memories were when my Dad and I sat in the driveway listening to the Dodgers game on the AM radio in his 1950 Chevy pickup... Women..........Go figure.....;)
Huh?

I listened with my Grandpa in his basement. Grandma would banish him to the basement for the Cards games and smoking his pipe. We could watch on their Magnavox B&W TV in the livingroom when they were televised, though - but no pipe. Funny, the things you remember...

Reactions: Chuck
I appreciate your service, it was a tough world back then....lost a lot of good people from that gen for one reason or another. Baseball gave us an opportunity for a moment of normal.

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela