Gimbal Tilt stop working.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My Solo been on the shelf for a month. I decided to take it out today. Flew nice, but the gimbal won't t tilt. It's making noise from one of the gimbal motor. I can use the app to record and stop video. When I boot everything up. I did a stick calibration and now I getting a message on my controller saying " Manual Controller error. Contact 3dr support" Anyone ever had this issue? Any suggestion?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I am no expert, but I would try a few things. First, make sure all firmware is up to date, which would mean your GoPro, the Solo app, and if you are on android, the 3DR Services app. Then I would check and make sure no cables are preventing the gimbal from smooth movement. You can easily remove the battery tray, and visually check that no cables are in the way. If those don't help, try removing the controller battery while it is powered on, and after about 10 secs., put it back in, power the controller back up, and reconnect to Solo and see if that helps. If, after trying all of the above, you still have the problem, contact 3DR and see what they say. Since it has been setting for a month, hopefully one of those helps you out. I wish you luck......

Reactions: Stingray
Hi Stingray, I am having the same problem. Did you manage to get your issue fixed or did you have to replace the gimbal? I only bought mine in November and it's hardly been used!!

Have the same issue. The problem is the gimbal and you'll need to contact 3DR support. Good luck.

Reactions: Stingray
I was having a similar issue where the gimbal would lean to the left, sometimes just after takeoff ,but not every time.

Emailed 3DR tech support and they told me to to do a level and compass calibration from within the solo app.

Did it and the issue seems to have been resolved.

David

Hi Stingray, I am having the same problem. Did you manage to get your issue fixed or did you have to replace the gimbal? I only bought mine in November and it's hardly been used!!
I have been in contact with 3DR. I know it was fine when I flew it a month ago. It been shelf next to my Phantom for a month. Decided to fly it this weekend. It didnt work from the start up. Just making a grinding noise from the pitch motor. Be prepare for the long haul with 3DR. They ask me for serial # for the Solo, the gimbal, a short video clip of what its doing, I gave them all that. They came back with another email asking for serial # for the controller , ask me how many flight I ever had with the Solo, and the 10 last flight log. Just finish giving them what they ask on the second email from them. We will see what they want on the 3rd email.

Last edited:
I have had some issues with the gimbal not being recognized. I removed the bottom plate to be sure that both cables were secure. I thought it might have something to do with the HDMI cable not seating well into the GoPro, and I starting using a practice of pulling the green locking tab down to allow the black HDMI cable to seat all the way, and then sliding the green tab up into place under the HDMI cable. I make sure that after I turn on the Solo I also turn on the GoPro. This all has helped.

I am no expert, but I would try a few things. First, make sure all firmware is up to date, which would mean your GoPro, the Solo app, and if you are on android, the 3DR Services app. Then I would check and make sure no cables are preventing the gimbal from smooth movement. You can easily remove the battery tray, and visually check that no cables are in the way. If those don't help, try removing the controller battery while it is powered on, and after about 10 secs., put it back in, power the controller back up, and reconnect to Solo and see if that helps. If, after trying all of the above, you still have the problem, contact 3DR and see what they say. Since it has been setting for a month, hopefully one of those helps you out. I wish you luck......

Today i did a normal flight ( never crashed) on the second flight the gimbal wasnt working at all. After a few attempts to turn off and on everything it worked and i have no idea what happened.
Any idea?

Same story here. I Lift off, and camera gets rolled 45 % to starboard. Land. Shut everything down, restart. Repeat this cycle 4 times to finally get the gimbal to operate properly.

On the fifth try I can finally fly, but I've already burned 10% of my battery time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela