Gimbal Recommendation

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Any recommendations for a 3 axis gimbal for up to 400g and another for DSLR with lens?

Regards

Both.
I am researching my payload for an X8 that I built. Technically should be able to lift a few pounds.
Really wanted to add a small camera but now I am looking for a search light option.
The one that I researched the most were the DYS ones. But having read all the tinkering people were doing to get them right I was leaning back to a mini FY. for gopro.

Waiting on the pixhawk 2 to release now and I think I am going to drop my motors to 700Kv from 800kv and go to 12 inch props.
When I get the air frame all worked out I will revisit gimbals.

It amazes me no one has come up with platform agnostic gimbals and camera buses. Sure seems like there is a market

I'm new to this and given the small payload of Iris+, X8 looks better for even small cameras other than GoPro. Which gimbal are you using for your X8, a 3 axis?

Don't have one on it yet.
I bought a used X8 and it crashed. Had a bad pixhawk. So I went ahead and got an Iron Man 650 frame, coaxial mounts and 35s castle creations ESCs
Built it back up from scratch using the left over bits from the X8.
Still proving out the air frame right now.
Like I said upgrade to Pixhawk 2 and 700kv motors is next. Then I will start the gimbal and camera search

that x8 is a beast. And I trimmed a pound of weight off the copter by going to the carbon fiber
got to fly it in pos hold and alt hold last weekend. Damn wicked fast

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc