Gimbal Question

Reaction score
Hi, finally got the gimbal today in Guatemala and as I was riding to Honduras I did not have time to test it. I am in a hotel close to border and just installed the gimbal. Everything is up to date, gimbal seems to work but it is not level and not pointing straight. Is that normal? And also when touch the gimbal controls on the controller, it is telling me that Manual Control error...

Last edited:
Hi, I just received my gimbal a few days ago, and I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I updated all of the firmware in both the Solo and my GoPro Hero 4 Black, and when I power everything up, the GoPro randomly starts tilting from side to side. The green light on the back of the gimbal comes on indicating that's it's ready to use. Also, when I attempt to use the Gimbal manual controls on the Controller I get a Manual Gimbal Control Error message telling me to contact 3DR technical Support. I'll call them tomorrow.

When you say tilting do you mean, tilting slightly to the left? If so, I experienced that as well. I then reinstalled the gimbal to make sure no wires were touching the gimbal motors. I don't know if that was the fix or if turing everything off and then back on was the fix however, the gimbal kinda straightened itself out.

Thanks for your reply. It's randomly tilting to the right and left, and it's also randomly tilting up and down. I'm going to remove it and then reinstall it making sure the cables are out of the way. Did you also get the gimbal errors, and then they went away after you reinstalled it?

I reinstalled it making extra sure the cables were out of the way. The gimbal is no longer randomly moving around and appears to level itself out correctly on initial power up. When I try and adjust the gimbal tilt speed, it doesn't seem to have any effect, and I'm getting a "Manual Camera Controls Error Contact 3DR Support".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea