Gimbal noise

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I searched this but never found any definitive answers other than check the cables and wires. Mine seems to be operating normal so I'm not sure if that's what's causing it. plus when the camera is angled down a little it stops. The sound also seems to be coming from the motor in the gimbal. The sound in the video is a little louder than what it actually sounds like but I guess that's because the speaker is close.
Work - barron flanders

Update: I guess I jumped the gun on posting this but I seemed to have gotten spooked after all the other people on here posting. I turned everything off, let it sit, turned it back on and no noise. Well there's a very slight noise but that's normal from what I've read.

Update: I guess I jumped the gun on posting this but I seemed to have gotten spooked after all the other people on here posting. I turned everything off, let it sit, turned it back on and no noise. Well there's a very slight noise but that's normal from what I've read.

I have read on here somewhere it's to do with the torque setting in the gimbal.

I think I read it has 2 torque settings and if it makes a noise to like yours did to hold the gimbal firmly and move it slowly when you feel resistance.

But, please find this information yourself. A search will find it.

I would hate to have told you wrong and you screw up the gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, please find this information yourself. A search will find it.

I would hate to have told you wrong and you screw up the gimbal.

I did do a search and found nothing, at least in the top 5 posts about gimbal noise that matched exactly what I was experiencing. Plus all the other threads were a year or more old and from what I've read from doing searches is that 3dr updated the gimbal so I wasn't sure if the same issues from a year ago would be the same today.

Your video showed the sound stopped when you held the pitch motor's housing, it is resonating. It's the mating of the two halves of that plastic housing. You can re-seat the housing without fear of damage, just unscrew, inspect and reassemble. Other than the noise, the gimbal is fine. It should diminish with further use, as the parts will settle together.

Reactions: Bear
I am having the same problems with my new Solo. I'm using a GPH 3+ black with the corresponding weights and getting a terrible noise from the gimbal. Nice to know I'm not the only one having the issue but I'd like to know if it's something I did or a faulty part? I'll check to see if the housing on the gimbal motor is the issue.

It totally is the gimbal motor housing that's causing the problem. Now to figure out how to fix it!

do you have something in the gimbal? i put the gopro in my gimbal and it balanced it out and stopped making noise

do you have something in the gimbal? i put the gopro in my gimbal and it balanced it out and stopped making noise
I have my go pro 3+ black in the gimbal, started out making major noise and a bit of wobble. After checking out the plastic housing over the pitch motor and thinking I had fixed the issue, upon powering up the gimbal started flopping until it locked up and sent a msg to the TX telling me to contact customer support! I just think it's lame to get problems from something that's brand new!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea