Gimbal in Canada

Reaction score
I received a facebook reply from someone at 3DR stating Henry's would see the Gimbal 2nd week September. Also received a email from Henry's yesterday informing me that they are still waiting for the shipment as I pre ordered the product. Its a glimmer of hope for us to the North at least. :)

Thinking I may return my Solo and go with a P3P? Thought I'd send a email out to 3DR in hope of some good news on getting a Gimbal. Here is there reply. Which didn't take long to receive I might add.

I just spent 40 min on the phone with 3dr customer service about the gimbal.
First they wont ship international if you want to buy one from them, I told them im not waiting till October for my gimbal ( the Date London Drugs told me) so I want to return it.
I was told by the supervisor on duty that the 30 day extension on warranty to start when the gimbal arrives is only good if purchased through 3dr directly, Best Buy Canada says 30 days unopened from date of purchase ...
I have to wait till Tuesday to see what they are going to do because last month 3dr told me my warranty starts when the gimbal arrives.

I just spent 40 min on the phone with 3dr customer service about the gimbal.
First they wont ship international if you want to buy one from them, I told them im not waiting till October for my gimbal ( the Date London Drugs told me) so I want to return it.
I was told by the supervisor on duty that the 30 day extension on warranty to start when the gimbal arrives is only good if purchased through 3dr directly, Best Buy Canada says 30 days unopened from date of purchase ...
I have to wait till Tuesday to see what they are going to do because last month 3dr told me my warranty starts when the gimbal arrives.

It doesn't surprise me that there is some catch. I may end up ordering a gimbal direct from 3DR and ship to the a USA shipping address. I live 40min from the USA. Soil that might be an option for you also?

Not a option for me, I'm 8 hours north of the border

Not a option for me, I'm 8 hours north of the border

You could also ship one to my location for pickup. I could always pick it up and ship it for you? But I don't know how much faith you'd have in trusting me a stranger with that sort of thing? It cost me $5 per package to use what is called a Kinek shipping location state side. Watertown NY. I'm in Kingston ON. Short trip for me. Anyways it's an option for you.

Thanks for the offer but I think I am going to just return mine if I can.
Flying season is over for me between work and less daylight I wont get much use out of it, I may look at getting another in the spring.

Reactions: 1Lastcast!
B&H... Otherwise Best Buy is getting em September 30th.

I'd love to find one close to Nashville TN... Heading down there this week. Otherwise my preorder is being shipped September 18th according to B&H.

Reactions: 1Lastcast!
CANADIAN GIMBAL ALERT! I just spotted them available for pre-order on BestBuy.ca, showing 6 available. I ordered one immediately and within 10 minutes the count was down to 4, so someone else ordered one as well. They're showing a 9/30 release, so if you want to reserve one of those 4 remaining gimbals, don't wait!

I preordered mine through them in August. They had something like 640 on order. I'm in Kelowna BC

I preordered mine through them in August. They had something like 640 on order. I'm in Kelowna BC
Thanks. Just got off the phone with my local London Drugs, and they said that pre-paying is the way to go, like you did. We're getting so close I can taste it!

They said it was the only way to get it faster as they weren't going to be stocking them in the stores right away. I wouldn't doubt if you paid for it today, you'll have it next week.

They said it was the only way to get it faster as they weren't going to be stocking them in the stores right away. I wouldn't doubt if you paid for it today, you'll have it next week.
Just checked BestBuy.com in the States, and the Tacoma, WA store has them in stock and ready for pick-up. I have to be down at SeaTac on Sunday anyway, and it's only about 20 miles from the Tacoma store. I just placed my order for store pickup, so it looks like I'll have it hand on Sunday! :)

Mine arrived this week on pre order from Henry's. :) loving it so far. 1 short production completed yesterday.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Whis_1
I got my gimbal in Whistler on Friday. Its raining so i can't try it out! Its killing me!!! I pre-ordered from London Drugs a month ago.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc