Gimbal failing during flight

Hi all,

I've seen other threads suggesting this as well. I've had the same issue with the gimbal 'flopping', but it has since corrected itself (in my brief flight test) by simply making sure the wires did not put any pressure on the gimbal. The wire that I had to change was the bulky HDMI wire. I basically rerouted it around the outside of the gimbal as much as possible, and would suggest you try the same. It may be necessary to access from below the battery.

A useful video to remove the battery tray is here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good luck!
Great Video...thanks

I'm not sure, I haven't looked into it. It's just unscrewing some screws and popping off the plastic shield. Maybe?

I'd rather not wait for it to ship back to China or whatever and take another 2 months without a guarantee of it working at that point anyway.

I asked 3dr they did not seem to be against me opening it up. I'll try it tonight. Thanks!

I opened mine up and everything has proper clearance someone on Facebook mentioned weight of aftermarket batts for go pro. And I didn't think of that as a variable because I do use vivitar brand go pro batteries that are lighter by around 2 grams. I'll try it tonight again before the rma

I got my gimbal yesterday, installed it and had 7 gimbal flops and a few spastic issues in 4 batteries. This morning I re-routed my hdmi cable and did a stick cal..no issues through 2 batteries.

I thought I had mine routed properly but I noticed that the gimbal did not have as much "play" in the dampeners in all directions. I pushed on the gimbal in each direction and noticed less play before something hit one direction (moving forward) that's when I decided to re-rout.
I also had a very loud vibrating sound when tilting that is gone now too.

Reactions: Del
Enjoy your gimbal. I think mine has some other issues that are beyond cable routing. I routed it every way possible, had movement in all directions without hitting the sides of the hole under the battery tray. Go pro batts, stick calibration, level calibrations. Mine flopped in a hover at 80 degrees a few times which seemed to concern 3dr the most, I rma'd it and I'll see what they say.

Well went 156 miles from home to do some fling with family and I re-calibrated level, then calibrated my compass and took to flight my gimbal was all over the place, Up, down, tilted, moving left and right I thought it was possessed so I landed re did everything and not a problem. I really think that the setups are the key if they are off any bit then let the shows begin, I now carry a small bubble level to level the platform I launch from and I use my phone with a compass app to get north. Now all I have to do is get a secondary system for when the GPS's aren't cooperating, considering GPS MOD or hopefully the lidar/sonar bay attachment. within this decade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo