gimbal control

Reaction score
Hello all does anyone know what setting I need so I can control the camera with the solex app, did my first flight however had problems being able to control the camera with the app, I'm sure its an easy fix, help

Thanks so much
Phil

Not sure I understand the question.
You can control the gimbal with the controller. Solex does have some functionality that controls the gimbal with smart shots, but that is really not directly controlling the gimbal.
Also, you are better off asking questions about Solex in the Solex sticky thread.

So what I mean is the camera comes on however it wont let me control it from the toggle on the controller... its all connected but it wont move in flight, I'm in the app settings now to see if I can find something there

where can I find the solex sticky thread?

The controller toggle should work. If it doesn't, I doubt it is Solex causing the problem. Try it with the stock app to see.
The Solex sticky is at the top of the "Solo Discussion" Forum. I think it is up to 33 pages.

Are you saying then when you have Solex open, the gimbal control paddle and button on the controller (the big black thing in your hands is the controller) doesn't work? Or are you saying the in-app GoPro controls on the screen of your phone/tablet aren't working? You need to select the camera type in the camera menu.

Are you saying then when you have Solex open, the gimbal control paddle and button on the controller (the big black thing in your hands is the controller) doesn't work? Or are you saying the in-app GoPro controls on the screen of your phone/tablet aren't working? You need to select the camera type in the camera menu.

lol I'm new but I do know what the controller is... when I use the toggle it wont control the camera, so where do I select the camera type?

Hey, I don't use solex but I agree you should try the Solo app and see if your camera works... Especially, before you post again because these guys will tear you up!

Reactions: Juan Peinado
lol I'm new but I do know what the controller is... when I use the toggle it wont control the camera, so where do I select the camera type?
Well you keep saying "the toggle" and there is no such thing. So we're left to guess what you're tying to say. If you can answer the question I asked, it will help direct you to a solution.

I'm sorry, its the button on the controller in front on the bottom of the controller to control the camera tilt.... if I'm confusing u I apologize as I'm new tro this

The motors for the gimbal itself might be blocked from rotating. Maybe disconnect it from the drone then reinstall making sure the stiff wires aren't in the way of the gimbal motors, also make sure it is seated properly.

That is the gimbal tilt paddle. Also, clicking it in starts and stops recording. So you're saying the tilt paddle works with the solo app or no app. But with Solex it doesn't respond??

Wow. I had no idea the paddle could be pushed in to start recording. I have to try that with still shots. That beats trying to stick my fingers in the sunshade around my ipad to hit the shutter button.

Reactions: mudbeast66
Wow. I had no idea the paddle could be pushed in to start recording. I have to try that with still shots. That beats trying to stick my fingers in the sunshade around my ipad to hit the shutter button.

Agreed, news to me. I love you guys.........

I'm gonna power up in about an hour and see if it triggers the Gopro to take a picture. Went through the Solo manual and I see nothing about this feature. This is why I read all this stuff.

It works!! Last four or five months I've been pushing the button on the ipad. Much easier.

Really? I thought that was in the manual. Also there are several videos produced by 3DR that go over features and controls. I forget that you can control recording from the tablet! Hahaha!

While we're talking about controls, you can also pre set two camera angles using the A and B buttons on the right and the wheel adjusts gimbal speed. Heck, here's an article that explains it better.

The Solo Controller Tips, Tricks & Technique – 3DR News

Last edited:
Hello all does anyone know what setting I need so I can control the camera with the solex app, did my first flight however had problems being able to control the camera with the app, I'm sure its an easy fix, help

Thanks so much
Phil

what gopro camera are you using?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela