Gimbal: Can someone do me a quick favor...

Reaction score
When your Solo is powered off, hold the GoPro mount and tilt it up to 90 degrees (as if it's aimed straight out at the horizon). Now rotate it up and down (as if you're aiming it at the ground and then up toward the ceiling) and let me know if it moves freely??

When mine gets up to just shy of 90 degrees, it stops. But you keep rotating, you can hear a loud very distinct "CLICK" sound, then it will move freely above 90 degrees. The click isn't present when you aim it back down, only when you rotate it upwards.

I think this may be the cause of my gimbal woes, but I want to be sure before I contact 3DR again...

Thanks!!

I'm able to move mine freely.I dont hear any clicks. Only noise it made was when I moved it all the way up and the back of the camera mount touched the body of the gimbal..Why would you want to move it above 90? You can't move it that far under normal operations right? Maybe you broke something :)

I'm able to move mine freely.I dont hear any clicks. Only noise it made was when I moved it all the way up and the back of the camera mount touched the body of the gimbal..Why would you want to move it above 90? You can't move it that far under normal operations right? Maybe you broke something :)

The reason I ask is because I'm having an issue where the gimbal will not stay at 90 degrees during flight. If I move the toggle up to 90 degrees, it immediately drops down to 80-82 degrees. So I'm thinking that whatever that "click" of resistance is, it's interfering with the normal tilting of the gimbal while I'm flying.

I see. Is all your software up to date? Any difference if you point Solo north and then powerup? Not sure if that was already fixed in the last firmware update or not.

I see. Is all your software up to date? Any difference if you point Solo north and then powerup? Not sure if that was already fixed in the last firmware update or not.

Yup, all up to date, and no difference pointing North or South on startup.

It seems petty, I know, but it's really frustrating when you're flying Solo forward and trying to keep the camera aimed up at the horizon. Because of the sort of downward angle the rig flies at when you're moving forward, the camera ends up pointing down at the ground instead of straight ahead.

Sounds hardware related. Open a case and I'm sure 3DR will send you a new gimbal. Video and logs would probably be something they will request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without the camera in the gimbal and Solo off, how does the camera frame rest?

Mine turns up at rest...above horizon. FWIW, the gimbal should have about 130 degree range of movement up and down...

Without the camera in the gimbal and Solo off, how does the camera frame rest?

Mine turns up at rest...above horizon. FWIW, the gimbal should have about 130 degree range of movement up and down...
Mine does the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc