G'Day from The Land Down Under - Sydney, Australia

Reaction score
I just had my 3DR Solo with Gimbal in July 2016. I'd been choosing between 3DR Solo and DJI Phantom 3, for a while. I haven't played with my Solo yet, still working out why my GoPro Hero 3 and 3+, Camera Mode is not working. I'll be spending some time to check the forum.

Welcome! It's important your hero camera firmwares are up to date. I had no video feed until I updated my hero firmware. Good luck. This forum has a lot of great people on it with a lot of know how.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BOB88R
Welcome! It's important your hero camera firmwares are up to date. I had no video feed until I updated my hero firmware. Good luck. This forum has a lot of great people on it with a lot of know how.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hi WestCoast, my GoPro's Hero 3/3+ FW are all up to date. But, still have no control.

Hi WestCoast, my GoPro's Hero 3/3+ FW are all up to date. But, still have no control.
What GP model(s) do you have - specifically? What FW version is installed on it/them - specifically? What "Camera Mode" or other "control" IS or IS NOT working on each - specifically. Are you having the same problem(s) with both cameras?

Do you have the correct GP Model selected in the Solo App GP settings?

The minimum GP camera for any significant control is GPH3+, but Solo is optimized for GPH4B.

Hi @
What GP model(s) do you have - specifically? What FW version is installed on it/them - specifically? What "Camera Mode" or other "control" IS or IS NOT working on each - specifically. Are you having the same problem(s) with both cameras?

Do you have the correct GP Model selected in the Solo App GP settings?

The minimum GP camera for any significant control is GPH3+, but Solo is optimized for GPH4B.

Disregard the Hero3 Black Edition, my Hero3+ Black Edition with firmware version HD3.11.01.04, the "Camera Mode" can't be controlled, just showing greyed-out. I can change the GoPro Model - selected Hero3 + black. I also able to Enable/Disable the "Save to Camera Roll" and "Record During Shots" options.

To recap, Video streaming is OK, but no camera control.

UPDATE:

I just found out that there is a minor FW revision to GoPro Hero3+ Black, hence, I had upgraded FW from HD3.11.01.04 to HD3.11.03.03. And now I have access to Camera Mode and Camera Settings. We'll try to play with it in the open field.

UPDATE:

I just found out that there is a minor FW revision to GoPro Hero3+ Black, hence, I had upgraded FW from HD3.11.01.04 to HD3.11.03.03. And now I have access to Camera Mode and Camera Settings. We'll try to play with it in the open field.
Great... I hope. I knew that taking photos from the Solo App with GP3+B worked, because I've done it - there was just some caveat that I couldn't remember and I had to find time to fire up Solo with my 3+B. I did, and it worked - but I think that caveat was that you had to use the GP App to put GP in Video as 'Default at Power Up'. Once you connect the App/Solo/controller, just select Camera for Mode within the Solo App and it works. A (poor) copy of my particular additional settings in the GP App is below, but what you cannot see is the Default set to Video. I do have that latest version (HD3.11.03.03) as well, so if you still have that problem, try Defaulting to Video, then changing to Camera in the Solo App.

GP3Plus-Settings.jpg

ETA: The only parm I can change from Solo App in Camera Mode is EV, and I think that is normal. You need GP4B for max control. With 3+B, do your setup in the GP App or with the camera menu before flying.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela