Future of Solo

So has anyhone yet been able to trigger a camera with Solo? I have added the expansion board, have a camremote 2A setup and working from a normal transmitter but I cannot get the solo to trigger the camera (SX260 with CHDK). The only way I have managed so far is through setting up channel 7 as RC passthrough and holding down the pause button. This triggers camera once. I cannot get the camera trigger to work through channel 7. Surely there is someone out there who has managed it by now.
I think this is coming, there was a mod put on the Facebook Mod Club Group by one of the Arducopter developers a while ago. So my guess is when Solo eventually ends up merged into proper Arducopter this functionality will come from that.

I just stumbled across this thread and thought y'all could help me.
I'm trying to figure out how to power and switch on/off some flashing LEDS mounted on Solo for better visibility. (Like full size aircraft)

I'm trying to figure out how to tap into either 5V or 14.8V and GND inside Solo. I have a list of pin assignments for the expansion port on the bottom of Solo but it looks like only half of them are connected.

I thought of tapping in on the circuit board below the battery tray but don't know how. Also need options for on-off switch bedsides a mechanical switch.

Any help in plain English would be greatly appreciated!

The simplest way to get power for that will be to connect to the battery terminals directly with a 5v BEC. A mechanical on-off switch, or just constant power is probably the only practical thing right now.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
So has anyhone yet been able to trigger a camera with Solo? I have added the expansion board, have a camremote 2A setup and working from a normal transmitter but I cannot get the solo to trigger the camera (SX260 with CHDK). The only way I have managed so far is through setting up channel 7 as RC passthrough and holding down the pause button. This triggers camera once. I cannot get the camera trigger to work through channel 7. Surely there is someone out there who has managed it by now.
I used a pwm relay turning makes to ground the shutter on my gopro. I attached it to I believe pwm 7 or 8 and set that to cam trigger.

Where did you pick-up that connector or did you have it custom made? Can you pull 5v off of it?
www.mouser.com. There are two versions- longer pins as pictured or shorter pins.
Short pins p/n: 656-TX2430R6STN1E (6MM PINS)
Longer (as pictured) : 656-TX2430R12STH1E (12MM PINS)

You can pull 5V and 15V, 1.5 A Max.

Reactions: koop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc