Funny Best Buy review

Reaction score
I was reading the Best Buy Solo reviews which were for the most part pretty good.

I think one guy was just a troll. His review said "Called 3DR for support after holding for 65 minutes I raised the white flag and returning it tomorrow:

We know that can't be true as 3DRs support line automatically hangs up on you after twenty minutes !

LOL

Reactions: Raybro
I was reading the Best Buy Solo reviews which were for the most part pretty good.

I think one guy was just a troll. His review said "Called 3DR for support after holding for 65 minutes I raised the white flag and returning it tomorrow:

We know that can't be true as 3DRs support line automatically hangs up on you after twenty minutes !

LOL
Yeah, I get a kick out of some of those as well. Not sure what they think they gain by posting. I tend to pay more attention to the ones that are 'Verified Purchase' labeled.

'Verified Purchase' labeled.

I think all the online reviews should be verified purchase. Too many idiots otherwise. I have seen reviews for complex amateur radio equipment where some guy walked into a store and twiddled knobs for 10 minutes and then felt qualified to right a review. Really?

Human nature I guess. But you miss a lot of opportunity for improving things with technology if you don't try other stuff.

I think all the online reviews should be verified purchase. Too many idiots otherwise. I have seen reviews for complex amateur radio equipment where some guy walked into a store and twiddled knobs for 10 minutes and then felt qualified to right a review. Really?
Yeah, I have never understood it. I have never had the urge to post negatives about a product just because I owned the competing model. There must be a void in their life that is filled by seeing their words in print.

Yeah, I have never understood it. I have never had the urge to post negatives about a product just because I owned the competing model. There must be a void in their life that is filled by seeing their words in print.

If I spent $1,500 on something, I sometimes have to fight a primal urge to defend my purchase.

Reactions: Leafy

LOL

I was actually hung up on by their IVRU after 20 minutes... Did this really happen to you? Do they know this is happening?

Yea they know its happening or at least a couple of them do as I have told him.

I am trying to get in contact with them as I type this. I got hung up after 20 minutes about half hour ago. I am currently 10 1/2 minute into trying again listening to their stupid music. I am pretty sure in 9 minutes I am going to get hung up on again.

I think I will hang up because if you ever wait this long its not going to end well.

That makes sense then. In a messed up way. I was hung up on after 20 minutes. Called back on TWO phones, both hung up on after 20 minutes. Called back and waited just a minute.

IF you are on hold with them for 20 mins the system kicks you out. I would like to option of leaving a message and I have told the supervisor I spoke with about this to maybe make a note of it.

I also mentioned they need to keep an email thread for tickets with my replies in there so there is a history. They said they would take it under advisement.

Ryan G

IF you are on hold with them for 20 mins the system kicks you out. I would like to option of leaving a message and I have told the supervisor I spoke with about this to maybe make a note of it.

I also mentioned they need to keep an email thread for tickets with my replies in there so there is a history. They said they would take it under advisement.

Ryan G
when you leave a message they never call you back

I am going to call support tomorrow. Lost control of My Solo today. I have heard so many stories about people having their multi 'fly away' and I have never had it happen. I have also never had a situation where I was close to the drone and it just got a mind of it's own all of the sudden. So now I am paranoid to fly it. If they don't answer my calls I will have the BestBuy's managers head. Maybe the guy in the 3DR videos should spend less time in the gym and more time with his customer support team.

. If they don't answer my calls I will have the BestBuy's managers head. Maybe the guy in the 3DR videos should spend less time in the gym and more time with his customer support team.
Why is it the Best Buy managers fault?

And Colin gets his build from chasing drones.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Why is it the Best Buy managers fault?

And Colin gets his build from chasing drones.

The way I see it. A call to 3DR support from the Best Buy manager might do more good than a guy who bought 1 Solo.
I hope I don't get a cardio workout from trying to chasing it down though.
The Solo is pretty cool. I hope in less wind and now that the camera cable is secure, I will get better video.

The way I see it. A call to 3DR support from the Best Buy manager might do more good than a guy who bought 1 Solo..

I doubt it. The first people you talk to right now are a customer service call center. Any support of value is going to come from them putting you on hold and asking someone that might know.

Besides getting a Best Best guy involved just puts someone in the middle that doesn't know anything about a drone.

Leafy, why don't you call and tell them you are the regional manager for Best Buy, and you demand service? What are they gonna do, ask you to fax your ID to them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea