Free Battery

Should I offer to return it at their expense, or keep it?

• Keep it

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Return it

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
So, my free battery just arrived from 3DR.

The catch, I cancelled my order months ago when they flagged my account and were requiring me to answer a bunch of unnecessary, and quite frankly intrusive questions before they would process my order. I figured why do that when I could have one from best buy the next day, and got it there.

I guess there is some system bug or something because a family member from my house in the US called me today saying I received a package. I had no idea what it could be and had them open it, and it was the battery, direct from China. So, maybe others that cancelled their order from 3DR and purchased it from another source have a surprise in store for them.

Reactions: prowler9
If youd feel better, you can send it to me and ill see that it gets proper use.;)

Ill even pay shipping and handling

Reactions: Acroduster
Either because I asked about the possibility of shipping it to a freight forwarding address, or because I was using a CC issued outside of US.

It was really messed up because I had it set to ship to my address in the US, and merely asked about the freight forwarding, and they cancelled my order. I made a new one and I guess they flagged my account, even when I offered to switch my payment method to my US issued card. They required me to answer the questions below and provide ID to unflag my account (even with a US address, and CC), so I just cancelled and got it the next day at a BB. Total BS having to provide that for something I can walk into a store to get.

• Full legal name
  • Intended end use of our products
  • Please provide country of ultimate destination
  • Any plans to re-export the items ordered? If yes, to which countries
  • Date of birth.
  • Scan of an official ID.

I think a lot of people got the same shake down. They wanted a scan of either my ID or credit card and something else. I forget.

Actually, I think they forgot too because I had to go through it again a week later. LOL

I think a lot of people got the same shake down. They wanted a scan of either my ID or credit card and something else. I forget.

Totally unnecessary, although it was just the last straw after the first issue where my original order was not processed properly on their system (it managed to put the hold on my CC, but not actually place the order). That took almost a month to sort out due to their poor three day response time for each email. In the end, I had to place another order, losing my place in the queue from my original order a month prior. Then this verification stuff happened, so I noped the hell out of there and got it hassle free at BB, with the free battery.

On a side note though, all correspondence with them, through both email, and phone calls was very friendly and professional, besides the response time for emails.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M