follow me

Reaction score
I have not had time to try all the different modes yet, but I was curious in the follow me mode, the solo is just following the gps from my phone? If that is true then do they make a small GPS module that can be used to follow. Such as put it in another drone or plane and have the solo follow it?
Curoius?
Thanks,
Don

It will follow your phone/tablet GPS. On apple phones with a barometer (newer iPhones), it will climb and descend as you go up and down hills too. Android does not do that. It tracks your phone as if it is at the same elevation it was when you started. So following another drone will not work very well since the drone is not on the ground.

The Solex application (android only) has numerous other follow modes. One of which allows you to follow another phone. It also has optical object tracking, which works ok depending on what the object is.

Pedals2Paddles, if you use the HTC M8 android phone which has a barometer it should also climb and descend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tested that? While there are plenty of android phones with barometers, I don't believe 3DR built their android application to use them. They only did it on iOS. If you've tried it and works, super.

I've not tried with the Solo app, but according to Kelly it works with the Solex app.

Thank you for your replys, I currently using the iphone 7 so the change in elevation is cool. I would love to check out the solex app but its for android only from what I had read.

That's correct WRT Solex being only on android. You can alway get a used inexpensive android phone like I did and give Solex a whirl.

Yes it does and Kelly Schrock, the developer is constantly updating it with fixes and new capabilities at least once a month and at times almost on a weekly basis (depending how busy he is and the complexity of the new capability that he's trying to implement). Kelly is also fantastic to deal with and will answer any questions you have within a day or less.

Well, guess I will have to look for an android device. What would be the best android tablet to use with it, I ask because I have seen a lot of post about how some android devices will not work well with the solo/gimbal?

Here is a few that I've noted over the forum, one includes the HTC M8 that I have.

NVidia Shield K1
Nexus 7 (2013)
HTC M8

Does the android have to be actived, like on a plan? Or will one without service work?

Only if you want to use it as the second device with the Solex Follow Remote smart shot. However it does have to wifi capabilities (I know I'm stating the obvious)!

Not trying to be a pain, just want to get as much input as I can before I purchase another tablet.
How many people are using the NVidia Shield K1, and how happy are you with the performance. I primarily use iphone/ipads so I am not up on android devices. Anything that you are not happy or does work as expected?
Thank you for your time in this matter,
Don

Hi Don, sorry, but I don't use it, therefore this is a question for the wider audience of this forum..

I did not realize that the htc android devices could be use with the solex app.

I owe a htc max one, and htc bolt, and I sold my Htc view, because the original Solo app would not work on it.

I shut off the sprint service for my HTC Max one.(not being used, right now)

I went and purchase an old Samsung Galaxy from Fry's Electronic just for my solo.

I'm not sure if all (and which other) are 100% compatible with Solex. The best person to ask is the developer, Kelly Schrock. Sorry [emoji52] that I can't bf more of a help.

This helped me with one of my older android tablets
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a K1 shield and use Solex on it. If you're willing to dedicate that tablet to the Solex and stock Android apps, it should work great. I'm not saying adding other apps will cause issues, but I did and had some. I factory reset the tablet with no restore option and it hasn't hiccuped once since. The Solo app works well on it also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela