Foam Damper for Fixed Camera Mount

Reaction score
For whatever it's worth to those of you like myself wait for Gimbal, I thought I'd try some padding to reduce the vibration some. I took some pliable foam 1/2 sheet and cut some small pieces and stuffed them into the recess the mount fits into. I then cut a one inch strip 1 foot long and rapped it around the mount above the camera until I ran out of foam and tucked the end into the rapping to secure it. Wasn't pretty. I have two Solo's so I flew one with the foam and one without. I used the same blades for each flight. Two different cameras, Hero 4 Blacks. Same flight conditions and it may just be my eyes or some other of many possible variables, but the foam really seems to have dampened a lot of the vibration. The picture is much steadier. It also dampened the audio and produced this low grumbly kind of sound that surprised me when I played back the video. I suggest others with time on their hands give it a try. My experience could just be a fluke.

Reactions: Burkeam
Post some pictures and a video or two. It will help others a lot to fully understand what you are doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado