flying indoors

lee

Reaction score
has anyone tried to fly in manual mode indoors yet

has anyone tried to fly in manual mode indoors yet
Yes, I have several times. When weather is bad and I want to do some tweaks or just hover around.

why as some times im in a BIG hanger lol,
you have how did you find the it stable ?

why as some times im in a BIG hanger lol,
you have how did you find the it stable ?
No, I just fly it in my office. In manual, stability is limited only by the pilot and can be flown more stable than a GPS mode.

kool, im just trying to finish the base station im building and wanted to test comms as it looks like rain

Fly indoors is excellent, how not to do! The interior of abandoned factories or buildings shots are excellent. I'm just now practicing manual mode, windy outdoors becomes somewhat difficult at first but indoors is almost like having GPS.

No, I just fly it in my office. In manual, stability is limited only by the pilot and can be flown more stable than a GPS mode.
Jubalr,
I have flown in my garage with a 6'3" clearance and had trouble landing. I think I did not achieve sufficient hight for the barometric sensor to know when I was landing (holding back left stick). Do you use the fly button to land? Any thoughts?

i normally fly it at the factory where i work.

we have a huge silo full of hamster bedding.

makes for a great snowstorm.

Jubalr,
I have flown in my garage with a 6'3" clearance and had trouble landing. I think I did not achieve sufficient hight for the barometric sensor to know when I was landing (holding back left stick). Do you use the fly button to land? Any thoughts?
Can't use the Fly button, it relies on GPS I believe. I take off and land in manual and only get to 4-5' and hover around. No trouble landing. I land then hold the left stick to bottom left.

I will be sure to hold down to land and then down and left to stop the props next time.

I was thinking I was in the prop wash and that the controller also has a barometric sensor in it that cased the problem.

I thought the holding the fly button during flight would land it regardless of GPS. As I rember I read that landing that way you need to be carful because if its drifting it would be prone to tipping over.

Thanks for the response

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela