Fly manual to fail

Reaction score
Well, I was trying to take some video footage indoors for a breakdance edit, I had to use fly manual obviously since I was indoors... I drifted right into a chair and destroyed 3 props!!! Luckily I was basically on the ground, trying to land after realizing I'm not skilled enough to be flying manual.... So I just ordered the APC props to replace them. What really sucks is I'm going into the mountains on a hike this upcoming weekend for my birthday, and really wanted to be able to take some great footage!!! Well hopefully my new props come in time! So much for getting an extra battery as my first purchase for the Solo...

Attachments

• IMG_20170317_224745.jpg
    IMG_20170317_224745.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
Flying indoors is almost always a bad idea. Even if your skills are up to the task, the prop wash will recirculate unpredictability and the copter will react in ways you don't expect.
The exception mighty he if you have an optical flow sensor installed, then the copter knows where it is over the ground without GPS and can stabilize itself. Most of the more recent DJI copter has this feature.

Flying indoors is almost always a bad idea. Even if your skills are up to the task, the prop wash will recirculate unpredictability and the copter will react in ways you don't expect.
The exception mighty he if you have an optical flow sensor installed, then the copter knows where it is over the ground without GPS and can stabilize itself. Most of the more recent DJI copter has this feature.
Actually, flying indoors is strictly skill related and not a problem if you are comfortable in manual. Many MRs don't even have GPS and wasn't that long ago that none did. I hover in my office when testing and the weather out is bad, which is nothing compared to these guys..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would not fly indoors if there are other people, also there could be 2.4ghz wireless routers around.
Solo props are just too dangerous.
Skill is 1 thing, interference is another.

I fly in my living room sometimes, to practice with controls. I only hover in one spot and try to keep it level. The air currents that props create definitely make it more challenging.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela