Flight Battery is Dying

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm curious if anyone else has the same experience?

I'm just now experiencing the potential for killing one of my batteries. I try to keep them at the recommended 50%, and when I think I have a chance to fly in the following couple of days, I charge them up. Then life sometimes takes over, and I can't go. I forget they are full on occasion, but they usually never sit full for more than 2 or 3 days with a full charge. I think I left one full for too long though. I don't have them marked so I can't tell which is which. I have marked them now as I'm trying to track the problem. Additionally, I normally fly the batteries down to 15% or so, depending on how far away the bird is to home.

A week ago, I could foresee not flying for awhile, so I took all 4 out front and flew each to about 45-55%.

They sat a few days. Then, Thursday evening, I took them out and flew the half charge down in preparation for a full charge that evening. Then I'd be ready Friday's planned flights.

During one particular flight, the percentage dropped rapidly, and SOLO went into "self preservation mode."
I hit my FLY preset and landed near where I was standing. The bird was beeping constantly as my battery was now below 10%. I landed without incident. The flight was very short also, less than 1.5 minutes. I set that battery aside, and marked it when getting home.

Due to the very short flight time, I charged that battery and another. Then took them out front to test times.

The problem battery is now allowing only 8 minutes flight time when used down to 15% and another is allowing almost 13 minutes with all else being the same. i.e. wind, temp, etc.

I'm guessing I left it full for too long?

Has anyone taken a battery to a recycle place or can they be sent to 3 DR to be rebuilt? The plastic seems like it could be reused? Maybe it would be cost prohibitive though?

Thanks in advance for any input,
Santa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44