Reaction score
BRITE LITE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I've searched everywhere but can't find what I'm looking for.
I would like to put flashing red lights on top and bottom of Solo something like anti-collision lights on aircraft.

I've seen YouTube videos with lights that appear to be a single LED that flashes much like a strobe. Needs to be bright for daytime visibility and visible from just about all angles.

I've found all kinds of LED strips, etc. but nothing that flashes by itself. I've found some single flashing LED's but they weren't very bright.

Not sure how to power it but was thinking about about tapping into the existing LED's somehow.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: BillCatto
I'm looking for the same thing. I bought some single, flashing LEDs but they were far too dim for daytime use.

I'm not sure you could get something in a LED package that would be very visible during the day. I work with electronics and a simple flashing led is easy to build and consumes next to no power. Maybe a 5watt LED can do it bright enough. I can't really see my solo's native leds during the day unless it's really close.

Reactions: Maddog
Ok, I'll bite. Exactly what do you want - a single above/below red white? A genuine strobe?
It can all be done fairly easily and cheaply if you know how! Post your exact requirements and I'll work up the circuit forya.

How about true strobes? Are there small, low-power strobes available?

Ok, I'll bite. Exactly what do you want - a single above/below red white? A genuine strobe?
It can all be done fairly easily and cheaply if you know how! Post your exact requirements and I'll work up the circuit forya.
A single above/below, both red if possible. I don't care if it's LED or strobe as long as it's bright enough to see in daytime and doesn't draw much juice.
Prefer to buy something readymade if possible.

I'm not sure you could get something in a LED package that would be very visible during the day. I work with electronics and a simple flashing led is easy to build and consumes next to no power. Maybe a 5watt LED can do it bright enough. I can't really see my solo's native leds during the day unless it's really close.
Agree about Solos LED's. I'm not sure what would work but I'm surprised something like this isn't readily available.

There likely will be a made for solo strobe, ive talked to Colin and they talked about implementing it in a meeting this week.

meanwhile I just got this : Locator Beacon

Ive yet to mount it or try it in the day as ups just delivered it. You can get different colors, i got clear, its pretty bright looking from above.

There likely will be a made for solo strobe, ive talked to Colin and they talked about implementing it in a meeting this week.

meanwhile I just got this : Locator Beacon

Ive yet to mount it or try it in the day as ups just delivered it. You can get different colors, i got clear, its pretty bright looking from above.
Interesting- how big is it?

That's a possibility- had a chance to see how bright it is during the day?

Not yet, gotta go find some velcro to mount it, but looking at it on strobe is pretty bright and will leave you seeing stars.

Well, I temporarily taped the doggie beacon on the bottom of Solo and did some flying.

In the daytime it isn't bright enough to see from more than about 10' away so clearly it's not going to work.

Reactions: Killboy
I have seen these on vehicles before but forgot about them- they are very bright.
Current draw is .45-.6 amps. Can anybody tell me how much impact that would have on Solo Battery?

ECCO | Warning Lights • Worklamps • Back-Up Alarms • Camera Systems
I have some small LEDs on a machine but they are in strip form but they are very bright and viewable during the day, watch out for strobes some can put out interference which could get into wifi signals. Hobby King had a strobe kit at some point quite small .

10w led
Led driver
5v linear or switching step down voltage regulator
Mossfet
And a arduino pro mini

Check out this video - I made one and mounted it to the bottom of my hoverthings flip FPV - works great and it is super bright - great thing about it is you can reprogram the Arduino sketch to change the strobe pattern.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo