[FIXED!!] GoPro 4 won't record to SD card (Settings disabled)

I found sometimes you need to update the GoPro manually:
Go to www.gopro.com
Select "support"
Select "update your GoPro software"
Go to bottom of screen and select "update your camera manually"
Follow the instructions on the following screens.

Sometimes GoPro studio, etc., will tell you you are up to date when you are not. The manual update is easy and will insure you are up to date.

Hi there thanks for your advise I did update the camera when I purchased it I returned the gimbal and guess what it was the gimbal that was faulty so when I first got my solo everything was faulty includeing all chargers but I didn't exchange the gimbal so the whole package was faulty so now I have had everything replaced and all in good working order so happy I have purchased the led light kit and the leg extenders the propeller protectors and antennas so looking forward to happy flying

Reactions: Maddog
After installing the new App update for Solo, My GP H4B also wasn't being recognised within the new Solo for app.
Re-booted Solo, Controller & BP, same.
Re-inserted battery in GP, re-started Solo, everything fine.

Just thought i pass this on.

After installing the new App update for Solo, My GP H4B also wasn't being recognised within the new Solo for app.
Re-booted Solo, Controller & BP, same.
Re-inserted battery in GP, re-started Solo, everything fine.

Just thought i pass this on.
That seems to be a bit common. Another potential solution that has worked for some is to change your camera model in the Solo app, and then change it back to what you actually have. It seems some parameters don't get updated for your actual camera unless this is done so the app can redetect the camera (which powering the camera off would probably have the same effect).

I really love my Solo and 3DR, but shouldn't Solo just work out of the box with any approved GoPro?

Shouldn't updates work for everybody?

I really love my Solo and 3DR, but shouldn't Solo just work out of the box with any approved GoPro?

Shouldn't updates work for everybody?
When your putting different technologies together to work in tandem, they may need updating "Firmware, Software" to match what the other's setting's & features to work together. More addons, more chances they won't work "Out of the Box"

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Maddog
When your putting different technologies together to work in tandem, they may need updating "Firmware, Software" to match what the other's setting's & features to work together. More addons, more chances they won't work "Out of the Box"

Hope this helps.
Good point Steve- I hadn't thought about it that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea