[FIXED!!] GoPro 4 won't record to SD card (Settings disabled)

Reaction score
I have a 3DR Solo + Gimbal + GoPro 4 Black, however the app won't let me control the GoPro settings, nor will it save any video to the SD card.

It only allows me to record to "Camera Roll" (aka the crappy video).

I've spend hours messing with the settings but no luck. If anyone can help me Id be forever grateful.
Do I have a malfunctioning Solo or Gimbal? I'm so confused.

l30oTzv.jpg

Fc4NHP9.jpg

If you are on Android, be sure you have the latest 3DR services app. Wouldn't hurt to uninstall and re-install both the Solo app and services. If you haven't already, also be sure there is no update available for the GP4 black. Then be sure you are powering on the camera before the Solo.

This happened to me, what I did was I took out GoPro, erased all vids/pics and LRV and HTML. I then went to the settings in the app and turned save to camera roll off. Then when I put the GoPro back in I made sure it was in FIRMLY and that the hdmi cable CLICKED in. Then I turned everything on in this sequence Solo, controller, GoPro. And that is what seemed to have done it for me

Also make sure that u r shooting 1080p 60fps wide or medium view otherwise it won't work

Also make sure that u r shooting 1080p 60fps wide or medium view otherwise it won't work
What doesn't work? I have used all resolutions and frames and all work the same.

Oh, my bad, I thought that it did not work unless on that frame rate

Make sure you turn on your GoPro prior to turning on the Solo (don't start up the Solo with the GoPro off).

Sometimes I get the issue where you cannot change the GoPro settings in the (iOS) app, and shutting down the Solo and making sure I am not on the preview screen of the App fixed it.

Please look up the start up sequence in the FAQ on this forum, they found out the right way to do stuff.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I did the following:

* Erased/formatted the GoPro again just in case.
* made sure to first turn everything on, including the GoPro and then "click it" it onto the Gimbal.

Result: Nope, not working. settings/record still disabled. And when I try to take the GoPro off of the Gimbal i notice the GoPro is frozen/unresponsive. I need to pull the battery of the GoPro in and out to make it work again.

What should I do?

I'm traveling to Aruba in a couple of days, aka Caribbean and wanted to take it with me for some breathtaking shots. I don't know wether I should return/exchange the GoPro, the Gimbal, or the Drone itself. haha..

Last edited:
FIXED!!!!!

I fixed it by updating the firmware of the GoPro itself. Installed GoPro studio, connected the GoPro to my PC. did a full Firmware update and now it works!!

WOOOOOOO

FIXED. Now I can control my GoPro Hero4 Silver. I updated the GoPro firmware
have the exact same problem you had with none of your photos would save on your sd card,they were saving only on camera roll..you an detlev said you fixed it by down loading GoPro studio and updated the firmware through your pic with GoPro studio..if it's not to much to ask can you give me an exact step by step on how you did it so I can fix mine?...thanks

Reactions: Cynthia Farr
have the exact same problem you had with none of your photos would save on your sd card,they were saving only on camera roll..you an detlev said you fixed it by down loading GoPro studio and updated the firmware through your pic with GoPro studio..if it's not to much to ask can you give me an exact step by step on how you did it so I can fix mine?...thanks
I'm not real computer savy so if you can,can u let me no an exact step by step using the GoPro studio to update my firmware..please let me no so I can fix mine to...thanks again my friend

I'm not real computer savy so if you can,can u let me no an exact step by step using the GoPro studio to update my firmware..please let me no so I can fix mine to...thanks again my friend

Connect your GoPro to the computer and the GoPro studio will detect if the software on your camera is out of date and will prompt you that update available.

I am having the same issue it will not give live feed or record to SD card either so I am going to follow what you have done step by step I hope I can fix mine I am very disappointed in this performance

I found sometimes you need to update the GoPro manually:
Go to www.gopro.com
Select "support"
Select "update your GoPro software"
Go to bottom of screen and select "update your camera manually"
Follow the instructions on the following screens.

Sometimes GoPro studio, etc., will tell you you are up to date when you are not. The manual update is easy and will insure you are up to date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421