First flight- Flew off

Reaction score
Not sure what happened? It raised to about 20 feet and I tapped the up lever, it never looked back. I stood on the RTH button but no luck. When it lost communications at 907', it did not come back either. I hope it does not hit the space station. Not sure what to do next?

Hi Jeffro- sorry about your loss. Can you give us some more details? Did you obtain a GPS lock prior to liftoff?
Did you have a GoPro/ gimbal installed? If so was it working ok?

You need to go to the support tab on the Solo app and follow the instructions to send in a trouble ticket to 3DR.

Not sure what happened? It raised to about 20 feet and I tapped the up lever, it never looked back. I stood on the RTH button but no luck. When it lost communications at 907', it did not come back either. I hope it does not hit the space station. Not sure what to do next?

Did you have " Fly Manual" set to either the A or B button. If you did (as you should have), did manual control not work?

ticket,
not enough info here to even begin to speculate.
were calibrations done
what firmware app version you on
what app IOS or Android
What were the conditions?
Did you have lock?
Ever change parameters with tower?

Reactions: iFly121
Yep, need lots more info. It's hard to be sure exactly what you did on purpose!

I loaded the latest firmware and Solo did a calibration and GPS lock before it took off. It just took off like a rocket until it went out of sight. I did not install the gimbal. It did have the GoPro installed but it was not turned on. I should have had a rope tied to it?

I loaded the latest firmware and Solo did a calibration and GPS lock before it took off. It just took off like a rocket until it went out of sight. I did not install the gimbal. It did have the GoPro installed but it was not turned on. I should have had a rope tied to it?
Jeffro do you know how to download the tlogs from the Solo controller so they can be posted here?
Did you send in a trouble ticket yet?

Jeffro do you know how to download the tlogs from the Solo controller so they can be posted here?
Did you send in a trouble ticket yet?
I do not know how to get the logs out of the controller. I will work on getting them and get them posted. I do have a ticket number from 3DR.

Here is what happend. The flight log shows that shortly after the solo took off the main z accelerometer started to malfunction, since the Z accelerometer is use to control the vehicles climb rate(among other things) the bad data caused the SOLO to think it was descending(negative climb rate) so the SOLO throttled up to compensate causing the uncontrollable climb, at that point the only way to return the vehicle was to change its flight mode to stabilize to have full control of the throttle.

I wanna know more about this. Can you please share you tlog ? I had a similar experience where I was attempting to fly a tower mission and it appeared that right after lift off solo shot out into the distance which just happened to coincide with my first waypoint so I didn't really panic until it got close to where the first waypoint would have been and the controller started reporting a GPS loss. Support came back and said that GPS signals bouncing off buildings caused some issues but I haven't received any feedback on why it appeared to be doing the mission but the logs didn't show auto mode enabled. I mean solo definitely was doing part of the mission cuz at one point it set off in an entirely different direction (just like the mission I had uploaded) until it registered my rth command and came back home.

Since then I've managed to crash solo (minor) while in manual mode. It started to behave erratically and I barely got in down. Came in a bit hot and flipped on the grass. Still support says this was a GPS issue. I was in manual mode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Solo flew off and was lost. It was a different problem that what you are having. Not sure why they said you had a GPS issue when you were flying in manual?

I wanna know more about this. Can you please share you tlog ? I had a similar experience where I was attempting to fly a tower mission and it appeared that right after lift off solo shot out into the distance which just happened to coincide with my first waypoint so I didn't really panic until it got close to where the first waypoint would have been and the controller started reporting a GPS loss. Support came back and said that GPS signals bouncing off buildings caused some issues but I haven't received any feedback on why it appeared to be doing the mission but the logs didn't show auto mode enabled. I mean solo definitely was doing part of the mission cuz at one point it set off in an entirely different direction (just like the mission I had uploaded) until it registered my rth command and came back home.

Since then I've managed to crash solo (minor) while in manual mode. It started to behave erratically and I barely got in down. Came in a bit hot and flipped on the grass. Still support says this was a GPS issue. I was in manual mode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was that fly:manual, fly or stabilize?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Solo Keith
Here is what happend. The flight log shows that shortly after the solo took off the main z accelerometer started to malfunction, since the Z accelerometer is use to control the vehicles climb rate(among other things) the bad data caused the SOLO to think it was descending(negative climb rate) so the SOLO throttled up to compensate causing the uncontrollable climb, at that point the only way to return the vehicle was to change its flight mode to stabilize to have full control of the throttle.
Man I hope they sort it out for you. I can't imagine that happening on a first flight. Sorry to hear. Did you try to recover it in manual mode? Or did it happen too fast?

Ether it was a bad baro or non calibrated radio. Anyway, OP should switch to manual before the flyaway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feamador