Failure Rates on Gimbals

Well, just when ever someone makes a statement & casualty puts out # numbers in the same context, this may lead some to think the numbers a comparable statement.
Don't worry, your in good company, FOX news does it all the time. :p

I like you, let's hope our Gimbals are not within the (2)% of failures. Good luck
Mine works great! (I've been using 4 Black) Posting pic I've posted in the past for those that think anyone without a gimbal might type the same to just jank yer chain.

Hang in there!

Hope yours comes in soon! ((I also received my free battery last week) I ordered 4/30 from 3DR if that helps at all...

Attachments

• 3DR Fuerte Tactical Case- FPVLR.jpeg
    3DR Fuerte Tactical Case- FPVLR.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 11
Yes, we can't be so sure of a percentage of failed gimbals. It would seem to be much clearer that there was and is some failure on the part of 3DR to actually make good on its capabilities claims. Ask yourself, how long must it be from the time that Solo was "launched" before it feels fraudulent that it's promised capabilities don't exist? Is there a difference between over hyping and outright lying?

I'm not sure it's so much a failure as it is sloppy engineering. They expect everyone to correctly route wires behind a plate that makes it almost impossible to see beyond and the cable is so short that once you connect it to the gimbal, it's like flying blind behind the mount.

I'm not sure it's so much a failure as it is sloppy engineering. They expect everyone to correctly route wires behind a plate that makes it almost impossible to see beyond and the cable is so short that once you connect it to the gimbal, it's like flying blind behind the mount.

I'm about to get my Gimbal and start doing research on installation tips but since you're here and I trust your knowledge dodge.. Any tips you can give to have a smoother installation?

I'm about to get my Gimbal and start doing research on installation tips but since you're here and I trust your knowledge dodge.. Any tips you can give to have a smoother installation?

Honestly not really, just trial and error. Thankfully it only took me 2x's to get it right and I noticed it immediately because my gimbal was kinda pointing to the left, (ever so slightly but) enough for me to know something was off.

You'll have to tuck the thick wire as much as possible and hope it doesn't move when you screw things back into place.

Reactions: 1264_Solo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela