Fact Finding

Reaction score
I've had my Solo for a 2 weeks now and I love it. I decided on Solo because if it's high modification prospects (particularly considering its built on Linux). I do however have concerns when reading about 3dRobotics stance towards the consumer market, stripping back their workforce to concentrate on commercial/enterprise sectors.

This product has so much potential even though it's already brilliant. I'd hoped 3dRobotics would deliver on their promises by producing upgrades, both in hardware and software, over the years. It disappointing to think we may not see this happen. I worry replacement parts will start to dwindle too

I find it frustrating, if the reports are true, support for solo will wain. Does this mean Dji has won. It's such an ugly drone, solo is sexy with brains to match.

I'm glad there is a mod community for solo out there, which I follow closely. Hopefully we will see some clever mods showing up. A battery mod in particular would be awsome to see.

Don't expect to see any major solo software updates. mostly bug fixes. the good news in that department is that another 3rd party solo app, solex, is very good and adds new functionality. the bad news is that there are some locked parts of solo and without 3DR opening those parts up, solo will hit a wall in the 3rd party space. this is why you have not seen a 3rd party gimbal/camera yet.

replacement parts will be available for some time. more in some countries than others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damien427