Exempted From FAA Regulations?

You are misunderstanding the proposal... it would only affect commercial operation. It is meant to ease the requirements for commercial use. It has nothing to do with hobby UAV's. That article does not make this clear.
DJI posted this copy of the proposal - Dropbox - DJI Welcomes Micro Drone Amendment.docx

?? What did I not understand? Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

I have a blog post on HR 4441. H.R. 4441 | RosePatents | Robert Rose
The Bill has little chance of being enacted; the main thrust of the Bill is a Republican proposal to privatize the FAA. The "micro category" is in an amendment, which I have not been able to track down. Even the DJI press release, however, says that it would only apply to "micro drones used in commercial and other beneficial civilian applications." Further, the rational that DJI gives for the amendment is that it would cut down on Section 333 petitions, which is used mainly for commercial uses. So it seems that LuvMyTJ is right. We are waiting for the Part 107 rule (summarized here) for commercial use, and that will make the need for a Section 333 exemption unnecessary in many cases. What’s Up Next | RosePatents | Robert Rose

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44