Enabling full control of LED's

I've made a change to the scripts that run on Solo that should greatly improve the response time when running led_control.py. On the new version, I only get a 1-2 second lag between clicking the button in Solex and the LEDs changing color.

If you run the install script, it will update everything to the latest version.

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
just ran this script and it failed and returned an error something about a zipfile mismatch sorry didnt write down the error exactly, so I reverted back to the prior version and no error. please advise

Whoops, sorry about that. I guess it actually helps if I push the changes to github. The new version is there now, so if you download again, it should work.

My result is the same. Phase Offset only seems to work with the strobe pattern. If used with the others, it doesn't work.

Reactions: XevetS
Ok guys.... had an issue with the led control firmware.... maybe yall can shed some light.... I used winscp to copy over the file then used the terminal inside SCP to run the install command... everything on screen matched the instructions (been doing this kind of stuff for years...very familiar with SSH and command lines) all lights on solo then flashes red about 10 times then "party lights" then completed the install... upon completion, solos front light began to flash... I used the reset command and it worked... all light commands that I tried worked flawlessly. I went to fly solo and was jittery as hell so I landed... from then on Winscp would no longer connect and every reboot had white rear and red flashing front lights.... I checked rev # of firmware and it showed autopilot at 93.4.2 ? or something close to that... had to factory reset and start over. That got me back to square one.

Sorry to hear you had problems. I'd like to try and figure out what was different about your drone setup.

Did you turn off and on the drone after installation?
Had you made any other config or parameter changes before you started?

I didn't turn off right after the install....here's step by step... for the sake of info I have an aftermarket m8n gps installed (non mRo version) and the only parameter changes I have made are to 22v from 30v on battery warning and "face next waypoint on RTL"

Ok.... so 1st step was to SSH into solo.. I copied the modified FW to solo and used console to execute the FW install.... the command lines on screen matched the instructions perfectly.... then all lights on solo flashed red for maybe 5 to 10 seconds...then "party lights" during FW install...after that all green one at a time....then to solid red rear and white flashing in front.(autopilot lights?)... anyway from here I ran the reset led command...it worked... tested a few strobe/color change commands...they worked.. so I went to fly... was BAD jittery.....BAD..... so I tried to just land(tried to bounce a little) from there i couldn't reconnect via ssh again.... after many restarts I finally factory reset... sorry about the lengthy post but I wanted to cover it all

Last edited:
I think one other person had this happen. They redid the installation and it was fixed. Strange.

Ok guys.... had an issue with the led control firmware.... maybe yall can shed some light.... I used winscp to copy over the file then used the terminal inside SCP to run the install command... everything on screen matched the instructions (been doing this kind of stuff for years...very familiar with SSH and command lines) all lights on solo then flashes red about 10 times then "party lights" then completed the install... upon completion, solos front light began to flash... I used the reset command and it worked... all light commands that I tried worked flawlessly. I went to fly solo and was jittery as hell so I landed... from then on Winscp would no longer connect and every reboot had white rear and red flashing front lights.... I checked rev # of firmware and it showed autopilot at 93.4.2 ? or something close to that... had to factory reset and start over. That got me back to square one.

I have a feeling it may have been flying without a power cycle that causes the jitters. I never tried it that way myself (I always power cycle after a firmware update, just out of habit). When I have a second, I'll give it a try, and see if I can reproduce the problem.

I'm still not sure why you couldn't connect via SSH after the upgrade. That is strange...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela