Embry-Riddle consumer drone ranking

Today's cost for Solo would have driven the total score up significantly as it ranked pretty low in 'Pricing'.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Seemed fair, but IIRC it appears as a re-hash from a previous document....circa 2015. If anything I gained a reference in how to grade a platform in the future, from an engineer's perspective.

Funny however, many experts over look the maintenance factor and the cost associated with up keep. It's always a second thought, like these platforms are indestructible or that all these platforms are equals as to build quality...

For me, Solo far exceeds all others in this category. 3DR got that part right, even at original 2015 cost. I see that same influence on Karma's list of parts available. I'd assume that's an American ideology, as all others seems reluctant to provide depth of parts for self maintenance/repairs.

I wonder if anyone has performed a repair cost study? I did a quick sampling (limited references) of repair cost with the inspire several months back, not cheap and was only available through auth. repair facility. How does time to repair factor in the evaluation of a platform? Are all platforms considered equal in this regard?

I admittedly drank the cool-aid 3DR gave out. I still have no regrets, I continue to drink it today and will likely continue for some time.

I have to disagree with their comment under "weaknesses" that Solo is difficult to control and land without GPS assistance.

I have found that Solo is very easy to land and fly without GPS. Most people here prefer to land without GPS (FLY: MANUAL).

Reactions: bluesgeek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea