Elk Wallow

Reaction score
In The Chama Valley. I was asked to check it out and try to get a couple of shots so I took my drone and headed to the top of the Mountain. A little before daylight their were some elk at the pond so I waited for them to head into the dark timber and bed down and then I fired up the drone. Wallows are mostly used The last 10 days of Aug. to 2-3 weeks into Sept.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Maddog
Roger, you have beautiful scenery there- when are you gonna work on stabilizing your bird?:) (I think we talked about this before but can't remember).

I've heard the music before- what movie is it from?

Just curious, but how high were you flying? I couldn't make out the elk.

Roger, you have beautiful scenery there- when are you gonna work on stabilizing your bird?:) (I think we talked about this before but can't remember).

I've heard the music before- what movie is it from?

Just curious, but how high were you flying? I couldn't make out the elk.

I think the music is Big Country. After all the crap and problems with 3dr I am going to change drones. I will be ordering a new drone probably in January. I am trying to decide on which one I want and need to make a decision. I am considering the Mavic. I do posters in our gift shops so I am looking to get good photos. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I am going to keep my two Solo's as back up drones.

I think the music is Big Country. After all the crap and problems with 3dr I am going to change drones. I will be ordering a new drone probably in January. I am trying to decide on which one I want and need to make a decision. I am considering the Mavic. I do posters in our gift shops so I am looking to get good photos. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I am going to keep my two Solo's as back up drones.
Sorry about all your problems- don't know what all you have tried to fix it.:(

Sorry about all your problems- don't know what all you have tried to fix it.:(

I have had 6 RMA's with 3dr and they even told me my last problem was not under warranty cuz I was flying to high. I started the flight at the Cumbres pass parking lot at 10.022 ft. and flew up about 85 ft. To the videos: The crash:
The 1st clip:

IMHO Solo is no designed for what I do. I never fly from less that 8,000 ft to start and regularly I am at 10,000 ft to start.

That last RMA took 2 months before I got my drone back.

I have had 6 RMA's with 3dr and they even told me my last problem was not under warranty cuz I was flying to high. I started the flight at the Cumbres pass parking lot at 10.022 ft. and flew up about 85 ft. To the videos: The crash:
The 1st clip:

IMHO Solo is no designed for what I do. I never fly from less that 8,000 ft to start and regularly I am at 10,000 ft to start.

That last RMA took 2 months before I got my drone back.
Wasn't aware of all that. Now I'm curious about high altitude performance of Solo, Phantom, Karma, etc.

Might be interesting to know how your Solo performs at lower altitudes.

Wasn't aware of all that. Now I'm curious about high altitude performance of Solo, Phantom, Karma, etc.

Might be interesting to know how your Solo performs at lower altitudes.

3dr refused to tell me what the ceiling height is. Here is a copy of the last email I sent them.

Anthony, since I haven't heard back from you all I am re sending the email.

Hi Anthony, OK I received my drone today and you said it has been tested and is in working condition. I have some customers that want me to do a circle around them while they are enjoying the view of Colorado Springs. I am suppose to pick the date for the shoot and I have decided to do it as soon as I get my drone back from you all. I was concerned about doing this shoot cuz I will be taking off from the parking lot at Pikes Peak Summit and it is 14,115 ft in altitude and my plan is to go up 100ft and do a 400ft. circle. Since you all refuse to give me and the other Solo owners a ceiling height I have to assume it must be close to DJI ceiling height which is 16,000 or higher. Without a ceiling height I will be doing this flight with my Solo under warranty.

If you will take the time to check your records you will see I purchased two GPS shields and one was in a drone I sent to you. The drone was already on the way to you when you all said to take it out of the drone so I emailed you all and let you know what had happened. Not my fault you let me know after it was shipped so send me the GPS shield you owe me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44