egg

Reaction score
very nice gimbal performance
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
We don't know what, if any work has been done in post and the horizon was not level any many of the shots.

We don't know what, if any work has been done in post and the horizon was not level any many of the shots.

Agreed, it's impossible to evaluate the hardware with a produced video like that. You don't know if they had to stabilize everything. Not that I'm criticizing, since I end up having do that with the Solo too, just saying you can't make any firm conclusions.

The image quality looked nice, and the locations were awesome, although the frequent jerky yaw movements were distracting. Most times, they were just slight moves which were totally unnecessary and could have been edited out. If it's a straight shot, they should keep it flying straight, if it's a panning shot, they should pan continually and smoothly.

I'm skeptical because you can see basically every issue you can have in drone footy. Granted, that'll pretty much happen with anything due to limitations of the quad/gimbal system. Also hard to know what editing was done and what wasn't.

That said, I see a lot of aliasing issues (great wall, esp on the stairs), warp stabilization artifacts (esp above the great wall) and other weirdnesses. Seemed like an amateur pilot too because of the aforementioned yaw jerkiness.

Looked at least as good as a lot of drones. Footage seems to be within pilot error of comparable drones. Maybe something to look at in the future.

LOL I've watched this about three times now and can just now see the things you all are seeing. Shots run uphill, orbit is done manually... A few bumps in the yaw... Not perfect by any stretch but still, it's a freakin EGG shooting VIDEO FROM THE SKYYYYYYY. Still want one!

Reactions: PdxSteve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986