Dronefly shipping policy

Reaction score
Be aware that if you order more than one item from Dronefly (including free batteries, gimbal, backpack etc.) then you will either have to wait until they are ALL available for shipping, or pay extra shipping charges. They allow am maximum of two shipments, regardless of order size or amount.

Though they say the have free shipping.... If (like me) you ordered a Solo with Gimbal and a lot of extra stuff (backpack, battery, extra battery, props) then by default you won't get any of it except the Solo until the last item is available, or you must pay seperate, and pretty healthy shipping charges ($8 for 2 propellers acoss two states)

Me:
"So help me understand this...
If I ordered 100 items at $100 each..... One was shipped out.... 98 are delayed for say two weeks..... and one is delayed for say 6 months..... Then I need to wait to get the 98 items until the one item that is delayed 6 months ships, Or pay extra shipping charges... Is this right?"

Dronefly:
"Yes, that is correct. Your first two shipments are free, and then a third and so forth shipment would be additional cost. This is standard procedure.
Thanks!
The DroneFly Support Team
We value your business and strive for outstanding customer support!"

Not exactly what I would call "free shipping"

dronefly.jpg

Forewarned is forearmed....

DroneFly, wasn't the best place for me ether, I ended up with B&H. I have no complaints. They sent everything i ordered in two shipment's, Hero4 Blk, with Lcd Bac Pak. that order sent as "Expedited" The other order Solo + Extra battery Sent as "Regular" Solo came one day later.
B&H emailed me today saying mid to late August for the Gimbal. Don't think i'm being charged for shipping when EVER gimbal ships?

DroneFly, wasn't the best place for me ether, I ended up with B&H. I have no complaints. They sent everything i ordered in two shipment's, Hero4 Blk, with Lcd Bac Pak. that order sent as "Expedited" The other order Solo + Extra battery Sent as "Regular" Solo came one day later.
B&H emailed me today saying mid to late August for the Gimbal. Don't think i'm being charged for shipping when EVER gimbal ships?
Yahhh... I think I was one of the last preorders to show up.. They said it was because they had more orders than Best Buy, B&H, DSLR, etc. I'm not buying it....

What is REALLY frustrating is that I gave them a pretty good slug of business (Solo, Gimbal, Backpack, Batteries, Props) and they want to either hold it all until the gimbal shows up (which we know wont be for a little while) or charge me shipping for each thing.....

When I could cancel all of the orders, Order each thing individually.... At the same exact cost..... With FREE shipping...... And get the things that are in stock now, and the rest whenever they arrive to them, at a significantly lower cost.

So a guy that gives them a reasonably big order gets treated worse (or charged more) than somebody that buys less..

That makes no sense...

I was chatting back and forth via email with customer service and explained that..... and asked if that made sense? They stopped responding...

Reactions: SteveReno
Update. They wouldn't budge. I talked to them and asked them what would stop me from cancelling my order, then just reordering all the items separately, at the same price? Thereby getting each as it arrives, at no extra shipping cost.? Their response was that i would go to the very end of the line... Yes they used the word "very" :)

I dislike bullies...

Since I bought the gimbal and Solo together, and since the free bettery comes with that, I left that part of the order, and cancelled everything else. I ordered it from Fry's with free (separate) shipping. The props just shipped.:)

Reactions: Richard
Next time you order from them, you know the procedure. Order everything separately. I have no loyalty to big business because in the end, they will treat you however they feel is best for them. I ordered Solo from DroneFly and as soon as I bought one in person at Best Buy I cancelled my order with them. The gimbal is still in queue from DroneFly but if I find one in person sooner than when they can ship, guess what!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc