Drone vs Space Needle

Reaction score
I saw on the news this morning where a drone crashed into the Seattle Space Needle while workers were preparing fireworks for the New Year's celebration. The recovered footage from the UAV shows it getting shots of the Space Needle, and then it looks like it is going in for a closer view. Problem was, either the drone malfunctioned, or the pilot panicked, and it sped right into the platform where the workers were . After the crash, the video shows a surprised worker walking over to the drone. The remains of the drone, as well as the video were turned over to authorities, and the FAA has been notified. Let's hope the idiot was registered with the FAA. I believe all of Seattle is a no fly zone. The entire footage can be seen on YouTube.

I heard on the news this morning that a "teen" has made claims on social media that it was his drone. I can't imagine how much danger this situation created. Remember, think before you fly!

Idiot mistake #1....Flying in no fly zone. Idiot mistake #2.....Posting that he was responsible on social media. After all, nobody reads social media, right? o_O If that proves to be true, let's just hope the right agency reads his post and catches up with him. There were a lot of people on both levels of the Space Needle that could have been hurt.

Yeah, this footage will be played repeatedly by anti-drone activists to demonstrate the threat we all pose to society. Remember the vid of the little Hubsan that someone crashed into a tall building in Manhattan? The only damage was to the drone, but I keep seeing that video used as evidence to rein in quadcopters. We can make drones smarter, but not so much with certain people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela