DRONE SHOT DOWN: Duck hunter shoots, hits #DJI Inspire 2 in Utah

Reaction score
DRONE SHOT DOWN: Duck hunter shoots, hits #DJI Inspire 2 in Utah
DRONE SHOT DOWN: Duck hunter shoots, hits #DJI Inspire 2 in Utah - The Digital Circuit

121512-F-LR006-006-1024x639.jpg

My son, in San Diego, was flying his Q500 Yuneec in public space around his neighborhood when a neighbor woman took offense and knocked it out of the sky, pretty much destroying the quadcopter. My son called the police, who confronted the woman, and she did not deny it. When she realized the gravity of her situation, she agreed to completely pay for the quadcopter in lieu of facing charges. After the fact she was completely conciliatory with my son and she did, in fact, replace his expensive Yuneec.

My son, in San Diego, was flying his Q500 Yuneec in public space around his neighborhood when a neighbor woman took offense and knocked it out of the sky, pretty much destroying the quadcopter....
How did she "knock it out of the sky"? Discharging a firearm in a neighborhood is nearly always illegal, but if this lady could 'knock it...' with perhaps a broom or other handheld object, I'd say your son was dangerously close to people.

The woman proactively went after the quadcopter and threw something at it. The police sided with my son on proper flying, so your assumption about "dangerously close to people" is unfounded. Remember the rule about "assume"...

Reactions: gnomad
The woman proactively went after the quadcopter and threw something at it. The police sided with my son on proper flying, so your assumption about "dangerously close to people" is unfounded. Remember the rule about "assume"...
Thanks... I'll remember that. But I also know that police often (or rarely) have a handle on very specific laws outside those of local statutes - those referring to drone flight and those referring to concealed or open carry of a firearm come to mind.

Regardless of assumptions, either this woman pitched for the Yankees or the drone was pretty low. What was he doing flying it that low that close to people?

There go the assumptions again.

Just because she "knocked it down" does not mean he was flying it close to people. She may have charged up to it as it took off from this mans front yard and whacked it. The point is, you guys are just assuming without knowing.

Just because she "knocked it down" does not mean he was flying it close to people. She may have charged up to it as it took off from this mans front yard and whacked it. The point is, you guys are just assuming without knowing.
Oh please. Charged up to it when he was taking off?

Yeah, as I mentioned above, on investigation the police concluded my son (32 yo) was flying appropriately. And the police do not often side with drone operators! There are some ignorant people who believe they can deduce the facts from sitting behind their computer screen. Goes back to the "assume" point. :)

Yeah, as I mentioned above, on investigation the police concluded my son (32 yo) was flying appropriately. And the police do not often side with drone operators! There are some ignorant people who believe they can deduce the facts from sitting behind their computer screen. Goes back to the "assume" point. :)
Ok Dad, let's hear the facts. Where was the drone when Roger Clemens threw that fastball and nailed it out if the sky? The reason we were deducing the facts from behind our computer screens is because you gave us no information other than the fact some woman knocked down the drone. Next time you want to talk about an incident, give some facts that will explain the situation. Anyone who read your first post would think you were just sticking up for your son, unwilling to admit to any wrong doing on his part.

There are some ignorant people who believe they can deduce the facts from sitting behind their computer screen. Goes back to the "assume" point. :)

Can you at least share what was thrown at your son's drone and from how far? Yea, it's an assumption, but not a particularly wild one to conclude that either it was an extraordinarily lucky shot, or the distance between the woman and your son's drone was relatively close.

It's a bit of a troll to come here with a story that includes so few details and then cry that people are making assumptions. You left us with no alternative than to make assumptions. So, my all means, feel free to remove our ability to make assumptions by providing the pertinent details. o_O

Last edited:
I side with the poster. Someone destroyed someone else's property without any right to do so. Until I hear more the hystrionic criminal should spend at least one night in jail and get to enjoy the same three round meals and bedding offered to others who damage what others have to actually work for.

Drone operator admits to scaring 200 waterfowl away with his drone...I wonder if he knows harassing wildlife with a drone is illegal in the state of Utah...as is harassing hunters. After reading the article This guy is no innocent victim .no the hunter should not have shot the drone that is for certain..he should have found the drone operator and reported to police . Jmho

utah code.
§ 23-20-29. Interference with hunting prohibited--Action to recover damages--Exceptions

(1) A person is guilty of a class B misdemeanor who intentionally interferes with the right of a person licensed and legally hunting under Chapter 19,Licenses, Permits, and Tags to take wildlife by driving, harassing, or intentionally disturbing any species of wildlife for the purpose of disrupting a legal hunt, trapping, or predator control.

(2) Any directly affected person or the state may bring an action to recover civil damages resulting from a violation of Subsection (1) or a restraining order to prevent a potential violation of Subsection (1).

Last edited:
Reactions: User Name
After reading the article This guy is no innocent victim .no the hunter should not have shot the drone that is for certain..he should have found the drone operator and reported to police . Jmho

Totally agree. The hunter should loose his gun license (if one is needed in his state) and face federal charges for being reprehensively irresponsible in firing at an aircraft, and the drone pilot should face whatever state charges apply.

I'm so sick and tired of A: people imposing their personal feelings on others and sticking their noses into other people's business, and B: people taking matters into their own hands. Both these people need to be made an example of, because if not, this type of thing will only increase in frequency until someone is killed, over a god :mad::mad::mad::mad: drone, bird or some other stupid thing.

Reactions: Maxheadspace

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea