Drone program on National Geographic channel

Reaction score
Just wanted to post that the Nat. Geo channel this week had/has a special on drones. The main standout drone is the Solo and some documentary from the founder. It is pretty interesting, especially how difficult it is to actually stop them.

Question for you guys. I have just received my 3DR shield. I have a 3D printed spacer I made (similar to the cardboard piece) is this spacer still needed for the 3DR shield?

I have 3 and use the printed spacer and V2 shield. Also changed the GPS module on all 3 to the MRO GPS MODULE. This set up works great, under a minute to lock on GPS and picks up between 21 and 23 satellites.

Thanks for the V2 shield info. I also should have mentioned I have the MRO setup. The 3D printed shield is my own design, will leave it on. Definitely check out the show. The more I thought about it the more interesting it became.

Hey guys, sorry I should have posted better information. The series is called BREAKTHROUGH. It is season 2. The hour long episode is called Game of Drones. So search Breakthrough, season 2 episode 5. I hope you get it. They have a sequence in there where they try about a dozen machine guns to try and bring down a swarm of fast moving drones. They do not hit a single one, probably not funny but.

Also on their website Game of Drones

Reactions: VINXS
Just wanted to post that the Nat. Geo channel this week had/has a special on drones. The main standout drone is the Solo and some documentary from the founder. It is pretty interesting, especially how difficult it is to actually stop them.

Question for you guys. I have just received my 3DR shield. I have a 3D printed spacer I made (similar to the cardboard piece) is this spacer still needed for the 3DR shield?
Is this the 14.95 V2 shield, free shipping, from 3DR? How long did it take to get to you? I got a "It has shipped" email over a week and a half ago, and still no shield. No tracking number and no way to check the order number anywhere. If mailed from California, it should only take 2 days tops, to my neck of the woods. So, just curious. Thanks

Is this the 14.95 V2 shield, free shipping, from 3DR? How long did it take to get to you? I got a "It has shipped" email over a week and a half ago, and still no shield. No tracking number and no way to check the order number anywhere. If mailed from California, it should only take 2 days tops, to my neck of the woods. So, just curious. Thanks
Yes, the V2 shield from 3DR. It took a little more than two weeks for it to arrive to me in CA. I was also worried as there was no tracking etc. but it finally got here.

Mine finally arrived today. 2 1/2 weeks after I was told it had shipped. There is a big VIP event in San Diego, at the Zoo and as long time members of The Zoological Society of San Diego , we get invites to all the special events, but...

They always ask us to RSVP before they send the passes. Today is June 01, we RSVP'd (via email reply) on Monday, the 29th. The padded envelope with our passes arrived today. 3DR was not very accurate when they said the shield had shipped, 2 plus weeks ago! :(

It came 1st class mail, same as my VIP passes to the Zoo.

Hey guys, sorry I should have posted better information. The series is called BREAKTHROUGH. It is season 2. The hour long episode is called Game of Drones. So search Breakthrough, season 2 episode 5. I hope you get it. They have a sequence in there where they try about a dozen machine guns to try and bring down a swarm of fast moving drones. They do not hit a single one, probably not funny but.

Also on their website Game of Drones
Too late for me to find it on Demand, but went to view it on their website and I get no video, just audio! What is strange, is I get the screen shots as i run the mouse back and forth on the progress bar. All the other program they have up to view, work just fine. WTF??

OK, shield question: 2 weeks ago, I bought an R2 GPS board and it came with a shield. The shield was black on one side and copper on the other.

Today, the R2 shield came in from SOLO (the 14.95, free shipping deal) and it has no copper showing at all.

Will the real R2 shield please stand up! Seriously. Didn't I read somewhere the copper backed shield was causing some issues?

Or are both the same?

Scratching my head on this one!

Will the real R2 shield please stand up!

If you mean the solo v2 shield that is now selling for half off, it's a special material designed to screen radio frequency interference. No copper so no risk of shorting anything out. Its the real slim shady.

If you mean the solo v2 shield that is now selling for half off, it's a special material designed to screen radio frequency interference. No copper so no risk of shorting anything out. Its the real slim shady.
So what is the shield he sent me, with the copper backing, that came with the Rev2 board?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc